Beiträge von hallworth1

Ash..Ash..Ash, even if i did know i would'nt tell ya! (jus kidding :) )
    I know everyone to their own & all that, but you surely cant tell me the "csi" looks better than that ultra clean horn bag on the right (IMHO).
    Also to Genius, just look at that debadged boot..nice eh!?.
    Just messing,but ya got to admitt that is one sweet looking car. 8)
    Les

Thank you Jud,
    I picked up a new tank and cap today, supprised they had them in stock.They sold 12 last year so i think they must fit another series because there sure aint 12 8s around here.Will fit tomorow and take a drive.
    Les

Hi Alex & Paul,
    Didnt realise you were only down the road!.Im just about to go and have a look under the bonnett now.
    Paul, you can cover most of the country in about 7 hrs or so,bear in mind most of the roads are s*it here its not such a pleasure to drive,especially this time of year.
    Les

Thank you for your kind offer Alex, Im in the south west, a village called Martock on the 303 just outside Yeovil (somerset).A bit of a jaunt i suspect but thank you anyway.
    Les

Thanks Steve,
    I realise the "yellow & black" tanks (which mine still is) are prone to exploding, what puzzles me is why from the underside of cap & the fact i drove 30 miles home with no problems :? . I'll replace the tank with the new type then suck it & see...i think.
    I dont suppose it rained in Maderia did it :lol:
    Les

On Tuesday afternoon i was out for a sedate drive, i pulled into a layby and switched the engine off.After about a min or two i noticed steam coming from under the bonnet, there was water coming from the cap on the expansion tank.I was in the middle of nowhere so i put the heater on full and chanced it, the temp was fine and i got home.The tank was empty after i left it to cool down over night.
    Any help/advice will be appreciated.
    Les

Im crap at attaching links etc but if you go on roadfly and scroll down till you see something saying"Phoenix GerryUKcsi" there's a load of pics and his is at the end. sorry i cant help with the link.

seen them on a uk csi on roadfly yesterday,looked very nice.I think he calls himself GerryUKcsi.Im sure some aftermarket 3 series could be adapted.Keep meaning to have ago myself.Ovel sounds a bit naff,ok on a corsa maybe.
    Les

I would'nt !. Like Paul mentioned de-badging is an option.In Germany there's a lot of BM's,Mercs and the like that are de-badged and it looks really cool. Mine?..well i've never had a V12 before so i had to add that and renewed the 850I badge otherwise i would have got rid of the lot.
    Also,what if you went to a BMW meet?..you'd know what everyone was thinking :)
    There you go...my 2 pence worth!!
    Les

Hay Genius, just so you dont feel on your own, mine does the same.Steams up more if there's two or three people in the car (& no thats not 3s up shaggin' Theo!). Dosent like to clear very quick either.No smells,i just put it down to the damp English weather this time of year. Sounds daft but giving the inside of the windows a good clean seems to helps :?
    Les

Here here Steve!!
    I thought it was just me who was thinking that.I notice it from time to time,its like a bit of Road fly over flowing on to this site.
    Down tools for xmas yet Steve?
    Les

Hi Steve,
    judging by the replies & feed back you've been getting i think im gonna get some boos & hisses, but you did ask what we think, sorry mate but they do bugger all for me.I dont think the side wall on the tyres help the apperance much, looks like they're streched to fit the width. Saying that, im not exactly in love with my own wheels either.I tend to like a wide rim on the 8.
    Im sure your not offended, Les

Hi Micke,
    after speaking to several dealers in the US they all said the same, they're no good for euro cars. all to do with the fuel.In MHO you'd be better off spend the money on the exhuast & a pair of K&N replacement air filters, massive improvement.
    great looking car
    Les

Hi Crazy,
    Im with you on that one!.My exhuast is a full stainless system custom made with no cats,and what a difference!.I hear a lot of people say that they are sluggish till you get around the 100 mark but i havent found that to be the case, 3rd gear is bloody awsome, as well as the sound.I've been used to quick/fast cars for years and i know this one w/o the cats is quick.Like you, i can highly recomend it.
    Les