Beiträge von nzmoko

Zitat von al

Its ok for people to lend ID's - i would offer my own but it has all the mod tools on it and although i do trust people, in the wrong hands they could fuk this forum up even more.

Is that possible... :wink:
    Thanks all the same.

Re: This is a Joke....STILL can't register after 3 mths hah

Zitat von Herbert

Can you believe I still have to borrow a friends log in name and password !...use roadfly.com its miles better managed.
    Who is Philippe anyway....?

Hi Herbert,

Not sure if this is ethical or not but here goes...

Steve (the original subject of this thread) is also a Gold Member and needs to access the repair manual because he wants to install a new engine.

Do you know anyone that would be willing to 'loan' him their ID so he can access the members area? His email address is in the first post in this thread.

I would give him my ID but I am not a Gold member so pointless.

Best regards

Carl

Zitat von al

Nobody has had any reply, id love to be able to help but i cant, ive given up, this whole place is a farce and Phillippe should be absolutely fucking ashamed of himself!

Bonjour Al,

Yes, it is a real shame. This place has so much potentential to be an excellent discussion forum and also a knowledge base for 840/850 enthusiasts.

I don't pay for any 'services' on this site so I can't complain too much but I feel sorry for all the people that do pay for Gold? membership and all they get is... well, not much.

'Someone' should look very hard in the mirror and ask themselves:
    "...do I have the time to do this..."
    "...is my heart really in it..."

Salutations

Carl (in very cold Switzerland)

CSi Brakes

Hi Tee,

No problem. Thanks for letting me know and if you change your mind, I would very much appreciate first option to buy.

Cheers

Carl
    Genève
    Suisse

Batteries...

Hi Theo,

I had a similar problem with Low Beam Failure (even though my low beams were fine). I traced the problem to an aftermarket low beam bulb. Replaced both with H1 from BMW (about 3 dollars each). Replaced both and problem never came back.

Also, dying batteries can also throw up 'errors'.

Have your batteries Load Tested by your mechanic (some of those auto places like Bob Janes might do the Load Test) and if they fail, replace both.
    If the batteries pass the Load Test, recharge them and they should be ok and may just stop your MID spitting out errors.

ps. If you don't drive your car much, maybe think about investing in a BatteryTender (.com) to keep the batteries healthy.

Re: Prep for the car b4 i go away.........

Zitat von karl_p

Im going away for a few months has anybody got any ideas on how to prep the car while im away apart from disconnecting the battery.Thanks Karl

I store mine over winter (December - May) in Switzerland and this is what I do.

If you have a power outlet nearby, get a BatteryTender and leave batteries on charge. I do this for two reasons:
    1. It keeps the batteries healthy
    2. You won't have to re-sync windows, sunroof and DK throttles or re-input the radio code when you reconnect the batteries.

Taking wheels off is good (to avoid flatspots) but be careful that the suspension doesn't hang as it will put undue strain on it. Better to get some old tyres that fit or 5 series rims and put those on.

Give the car a really good clean, including all rubber seals and wax the body.

I put a cover on mine just to keep dust and any bits that may fall from the roof off the bodywork.

Because mine is off the road for six months, I do an oil change before I drive it in May.

That's it! Have a good trip :)

Re: 91 850 vs. e36 m3 EVOII(321hp)

Zitat von Deadholy

:?:
    Hey,
    We are teasing each other with my friends that which one of these cars can beat the other. 0-100 of m3 is definetaly better maybe 0-150 but 200 km 8 (year 91) will beat the m3. What do u think guys?

I think it would be very close 0-150 in a standard 8. The EVO might just nick it...

I had a 'drag' with an EVOII out of the tolls on the 'White Motorway' in France. I beat it but I have no idea how fast I was going - but my CSi carries more HP than the standard CSi and quite a bit more than a standard 8 ;)

When it comes down to acceleration, the 8 isn't so hot. The stock diff ratio (in the auto and manual) lets it down in the 0-100 stakes but you'll sacrifice top speed diff swapping to try to get off the mark quicker. I'm thinking about it as I don't need to travel at the speed of sound... :)

Re: euro csi brake kit

Hi Tee,

Do you have the M-Technik calipers and rotors ?

Carl

My CSi is about to go away for the Swiss winter and won't surface until May 2005.

Will do all the servicing during this time including Banjo check, intake gasket replacement and rear shock replacements. Lots of other small stuff to do too. Batteries will be on Battery Tender.

To save my tyres from flatspots (new Bridgestones), I want to raise the car and remove the wheels.

I have purchased 4 x axle stands (2ton load each) and 4 x new lift pads (the existing ones look a bit old).

How safe is it leave the car sitting for 6 months+ with the stands under the lift pads ?

Insurance

I purchased my CSi from a deceased estate - hence, substantially less than the 'book' value.

I have been through the same thing. I was worried that the value of the car wasn't worth the premium for fully comprehensive insurance. ie. if I was to have a frontal accident, would they write-off the car because the front end would cost more to fix than half of what I paid for the car ?

I arranged for an appraiser to look at the car and supply a 'today value'. Naturally, it was in the Insurers interest for the value of the car to be higher (=higher premium).

The value of my car turned out to be 40% more than what I paid for it but doing the sums, it still wasn't cost effective for me to go fully comprehensive.

My way around it is common in Switzerland - I share my number plates, taxes and insurance between two cars (I never drive the CSi in winter anyway).

It's always going to be a problem with a car that has depreciated so much from its original price but actually costs more to repair than it did in 1993 (if you take into account the massive rise in dealer labour charges).

Sorted!

Excellent!
    Contacted Becker who put me in touch with their service representative here in Switzerland.

Sent them my CD Interface (Becker) and CD Changer (Pioneer).
    1 week turnaround and all fixed! Chf200 but well worth it to fix my stock stereo (Euro CSi system sounds great).

:D