Beiträge von Thuur

They're KT 4 New Racers
    I got the centre sandblasted and powdercoated in blackcrome on a black powdercoat base then finished of with extra clearcoat to get it nice and shiny.
    The dish and nut were polished afterwards. I got new bolts for the wheels, but as you can see they're not in on the photo's above, they're also polished.

The centre's got a blue-ish gloss over it, looks great I think

They're now wrapped in Bridgestone RE-050-A: 245/35 front, 285/30 rear

I will get some new photo's for you, but you'll have to wait.
    Since the engine broke down I've got the opportunity to rebuilt the entire car and that's what I'm doing right now.
    The cars 10 years old and it shows...

I'll give you some spypics of my new wheels:

For the rest of the pics you'll have to wait untill it's finished.

Zitat von Jaguar

I think without the front license plate, the car looks a bit ugly :?

Like the foto he posted it is, but I see it is done by computer. If you keep the vents next to the licenceplate as original and you fill the gap left by the licenceplateholder it would look great.

It's a nice car indeed, the interior is very personal I must say.

Thanx Peter, but I got A CSi myself, the problem is: one pistonrod left the engine due to lack of maintenance by the previous owner (piston ceased). So I need everything from the cilinderheads down (cilinderheads are still intact)

I got a mail from someone in the UK who could offer me an engine, but after I replied I haven't heard a thing. I guess it didn't pass the junkfilter, so if he reads this, please leave me a PM here.

I'm searching for a S70 engine:
    engine damage is no problem! as long as the small block is in good shape (block, cranckshaft, rods and pistons)

if anyone knows an engine for sale, please contact me, they're very hard to find!

contact me at: thuur@home.nl

thnx!

some pics from the crash (poor quality, they're screenshots from a movie)

Car spins 180 degrees and hits the right guiderails soon after:

Car comes off the right guiderail and spins back twice, towards the left guiderail:

Car just before straight on impact:

Car hits left guiderail straight on:

Car comes off the left guiderail due to it's rotation speed:

Car spins, comes off the ground:

Car finally comes to a hold:

I stepped out of the wreck immidiately and alive:

Note the silver VW Golf in the first photo, he started it all

Thanks all!

Yes I'm very happy BMW has thought about the safety of their sportscars, it's unbelievable but when you're in one when it's crashed you're glad you driven a 8-series.

Thanks for all the researsh for a new car, but I have to wait for the insurance to pay, it could take a while.
    And getting a new car out of another country is no problem I would drive far to find a new good beauty, it doesn't mather at all as long as it's a 850 with a 6-speed manual gearbox, a CSI I prefer though.

My car is now back to my city, it's at a local repairshop so an expert can take a look at the damage (it's a totall loss but it's just for the paperwork that an expert must see it). So I drove by today and got some stuff out of the car, but I can tell you: it really hurts to see your 850 like that, they had to put it on rollers to move it, it was as if they put a good running-horse in a wheelchair... horrible.

Thanx all,

Yes I'm glad I'm fine and I'm glad I've bought a BMW 8-series.
    Hopefully I can drive another 850 soon, I'm looking for a 6-speed manual Ci or Csi if I got the chance, my black 850 Ci was a 6 speed manual as well.
    I prefer a black one but as long as it's a 850 it should be fine.

More pics from the drivers-side and so on:

Note that the door could still be opened from both inside as outside without any problems at al, all windows were intact as well, they even functioned! And I was able to get those electronicly down!
    From the inside you couldn't see the car was wrecked, (if you didn't mention the bonnet which was folded) the steering wheel, pedals, dash... nothing was bent or cracked, only the roofliner at the backwindow came loose, but that piece was already ruint when I wanted to change the interiorlight, I had ordered a new one by BMW just days before so it wasn't destroyed by the crash actually.
    Even the trunk opened the way it should do, on the pics you can see a gap but that was because I had to get some stuff out the boot before they towed it, it closed perfectly.

Because all doors opened and closed the way they should do and because all windows sere intact, no gaps were seen at the doors or whatshowever and even the interior looked as if it was new I can conclude that the safetycage works very good! Alll passengers and driver are saved by this construction and all that while the 8 series hasn't got a B-pilar!
    Thank you BMW for saving my life.

My car died to save me, that's for sure.
    Well actually: he wasn't dead, the engine still runs and it did drive to the safetylane before it was towed.

Yesterday my 850 was wrecked on the A1 Autobahn at 120 km/h
    An old man (over 80 years) suddenly went from the right lane (without using his indicator or whatshowever) tot the middle lane (where I was driving) with a much lower speed, he did cut me off while there was no need for him to go to my lane since there was no-one to overtake and certainly not with his speed. At that moment there was 2 meters between us, no room for me to brake so I had to steer to the left lane suddenly to avoid a crash (what would probably kill the old man because of his age).

That's where it went all wrong, because the tarmac was wet I did skid with the rearend (265 tires on wet tarmac is shit to drive while doing such a manouvre) Still I was able to hold the car for at least 20 metres, overtaking the car who did cut me off, but than the rearend did skid the other way, I held it for just some metres but was unable to hold it any longer, I turned 180 degrees and skidded backwards/ sidewards into the guards of the right lane, than the car turned twice around his centre and crashed headon into the leftlane guard.

I could step out of the car, the doors opened as it used to do (even the window went down when I touched the doorhandle) and all that while my drivers side was ruined.
    The interior was in one piece, it looks as if nothing happend, but the exterior is all gone.
    The 850 saved my life, if I had the same crash in my previous car I could not write this.

The old man who cut me off bailed out, but my friend could catch up with him and got his info, he didn't wait for the police though and went off again. The Police is now after him, they know who he is now.

this is a pic from my car after the crash:

My friend has pics from the drivers side of the car, I'll post those later.

I'm very happy I'm all ok, the Hospital couldn't believe I was still walking and now, a day after the crash I had to go to the doctor again, everything is allright, no bruces, broken bones or whatshowever. I can still remember everything and physicly I'm allright. I must have had a guardian angel, I bet it's called "BMW".

When I got the money, I will buy a 850 again, I promise, the car saved my life and I love it.

Hi Theo,

I'm from the south/west region (Noord Brabant) I live in a town called Bergen op Zoom, I'ts 50 km south of Rotterdam and 40 km north of Antwerpen (Belgium).
    You've certainly got a huge family!

I don't know the exact number of 8 series here but I bet there a lot more CSI's here than in Aus. It's differcult to count because some 8's are imported from Germany, so the official figures from the dealership mean nothing anymore and I suppose some are wrecked by the years.
    The official numbers are: 265 8-series shipped (1990-2000) to the Netherlands
    For Australia it is 289 8-series
    But it's easier to import 8series from Germany into The Netherlands than to Australia, so I bet more have been imported than the official count (mine is an ex-German as well)

I've only seen 3 8-series here (including mine): 1 red 850i, 1 silver 850Csi or 840Ci (hard to tell without badges) and my Black 850Ci.

Sorry but I don't know anyone who ownes a 840 and the chip wont work in my 850 either I bet.

Cheers!

PS: this is an intresting site (background info about the 8series): http://www.E31.net maybe you know all about it, else it is worth your time watching.