Beiträge von DickB †

And Terry, we in the Netherlands do not make a difference between 840 and 850(you can also only tell when you open the hood, so we haven't to explain to every bystander when the rest of the motor is :lol::lol::lol::lol: )

I'll think that they didn't know that a 840 also can be upgrade with a supercharger, in that case they are wrong to seperate the types! :lol::lol:

But you must say, it's humoristic, they let the 840 drivers to eat first(of there own table was the plan, but of course they walk to our tables and we had the leftovers!) :wink:

Wow, you can't put a sticker on it? (I'll send you one of our club if you have used the other ones) :?:P

You're right, it's very sad, but you can drive the car still, mine was with a little problem, but I coudn't, so you had the better deal. 8)

I was by the way this weekend at the German meeting 2007 in Kaiserslautern, was a nice meeting I must say, lot's of cars, at least 50, they had a special tisch for the 840-drivers:

harharhar!!!
    (hope you feel better now!

There is a new rule when we have a meeting Steve:

The Vice-Chairman is now on the front, so he can hit a less car than the 8!
    (Than the Chairman doesn't have a pain in the neck)

:lol::lol:

Yes I'll think so too, all windows and sunroof will loch atomaticly when you hold the key for 10-15 seconds turn right.(comfortlocking).

I did a bid on the 3.91S (so I can put one on my second 8), thanks! :lol:

When you buy a diff with LSD(Sperr on German), you must have the one with a min. of 25%.
    You don't get the powerslide with the tracktion control on, but when you put if off, than you must have your pants tide, because the slide is hughe when you do it going into a corner!

I try it out on he road, thinking it would be within my limits, but I did a almost 360 turn and saw the trafic coming on to me(luckely I had the footh on the pedal and the steeringwheel in the right direction, so I could manage it keep the car in one piece).
    My son, who drives also a 8, he is a very quick driver, was turn into quite a pale quy and ask me to put the traction control on again and do the next time it on a circuit(what I will do at the Belgium meeting in Spa next month), haha.

It gives you with the traction control on also a very good grip, you feel that the car goes down at the rear and bites into the pavement. :twisted:

Impresive Steve, I must clock it also in this stage and see what the difference will be after putting the chargers in. :lol:
    (I'll think I'm as mad as you!)

Bimmerman, I agree with the others, you will have much more fun having the 3.91 (when possible you must see to have the sperr from a M5, I've done it), it fitt's, you only must change the back.
    No special things are needed, my mechanic did it in 3 hours, it cost me 350 Euro's(with leaving my old diff behind). 8)

You must ask yourselve, what do you do more, accelerating or speeding(where can you drive 250 outsite of Germany?)

I never regret it, I also don't go any competition out of the way. :lol:

Steve, The guy who would place the superchargers will restrict it to 450ps.

There will be bigger injectors, the dme's will be programmmed with new chips(they will test it on a rollerbank, so they will know where the limit is), a.s.o.

It's of course a heavy new job for the autogearbox, our club BMW-engineer has told me that he thinks that it's possible, but that I must save money for several gearboxes that I will blowup by to much putting the rightfoot down, but, gearboxes are cheap here, so I'll buy some in advance! :lol:

Do you have any data what the supercharger do for you car?
    :roll: