Beiträge von wayneblackwell1000

As most of you know I've got a 1991 850i which needs a little bit of TLC to get it roadworthy.

My first of many questions is does anyone know what these two connectors belong to? Their location is just above the pedals (O/S) The smaller one of the two (white one) has dirty finger prints all over it and looks like its been removed from something. The bigger, blue one looks clean and doesnt look tampered with so it may not belong anywhere and was part of the loom when fitted :hmmmm:

If it helps I'm currently trying to sort out a problem with the instrument cluster as none of the dials or mileage is showing anything at all, I have tried to do the self test (by holding the trip while turning key) but so far nothing is showing up. Maybe one or both of these connectors are something to do with that? The seller did say he has had it tested and was working and possibly pointed in the direction of one of the microswitch's in the drivers door.

The cluster does light up with the different items such as indicators, ABS etc etc.

Anyone :help:

Gerry, no a bit too close for comfort :ahhhhh:

Jason, Yeah I noticed the plates, although the amount of work the garage is just about to undertake for him would suggest he lives here.

The mechanic said the owner is going to get the later 4.4 engine fitted plus remove all EDC and replace with standard. I did question fitting the newer 4.4 with why doesnt he buy a new sport model and sell this one :hmmmm:

Driving through Swindon this morning and spotted this 840 4.0 in a very bright orange :cool:, I didnt get to meet the owner but spoke to the garage who is going to be doing some work to it shortly.

If the owners registered here feel free to get in touch :top:

here's a few pics.

Ideal about the cats :top:

Well she's currently on 3 piece OZ wheels, ultimatly would like MK Motorsprt wheels but they can take a back seat for the moment.

I've got to try and get the instrument cluster to work as all dials are not showing any info, ideas? I know you can test the cluster, I've not tried this method yet but was told by the seller its been tested and worked. He did mention a microswitch in the door??

Zitat von stevep840;104078

Hi Wayne, what is it with these cars:harhar:

Welcome back Old mate:top: & if we attend any meets in the future I'll let you go 1st:rofl:

I really don't know mate but I'm looking forward to getting her up to the standards you guys are at.

Got to say that the B12 style bonnet is on the list - just quite a way down.

Yeah lets try and forget that day
    :oops:

Hi Everyone,

I will start by introducing myself as some of you may not know / remember me, I'm Wayne from Swindon, Wiltshire. :winkwink:

Well as the title says I've decided to buy another 8er, this being my third 8 but my first V12, its a 1991 850i in Mauritius blue.

She's in need of some TLC and I've brought her with full intensions of getting her back to her former glory over the next few years plus maybe adding a few extra little mods along the way. :harhar:

First things first is for two new batteries, a complete change of all fluids with goodridge brake hoses & a full service.

I will uploads some pics when I'm able to do so but I plan on doing a before during and after.

She looks a nice one Steve, Thanks for the compliment, mine was Avus Blue.
    I'm always keeping an eye on the market to see if anything catches my eye, as its often been said these cars have that something that no other car has.

Who know's I might appear in the near future with one :top:

Cheers

Wayne.