Beiträge von Richard.H

Tristian Wow its beautiful

What an incredible car- wonder what the tax and customs duty to Hong Kong would be ...then again with a 110kms speedlimit and nowhere to drive it except at 6am on Sundays a bit of a waste...
    Are you Tristian Ward with a sister whose a landscape garden designer named Sarah Ward who lives in London?

Can anyone tell me roughly the market value- to buy now.
    In the UK /-or rHD countries

Manufactured 1995 840Ci / 60,000 kms
    BMW dealership maintained (all records)
    All Stock Csi body, 17 " Bmw wheels
    Original shocks- spotless, nothing needs doing.
    Cheers guys

Porsche is like driving a>>>>>>.

I will probably get hammered for this but you - cant compare.
    the 8 series is in a league of its own.
    Porsche's here in Hong Kong tend to be driven by rich Tai Tai women or their husbands mistresses.... :roll:

Congratulations on the new 8?>>>>>>>&gt

You're welcome to join us ....hK *8 club every Sunday at 8 am at Gold Coast
    Give me a call 852 93646769 and Ill give you all the info you need
    Richard

OK...update >>>

Did the DK maotor sync test early this morning at 6am (only time no traffic on the road in HK) and this time a marked improvement.
    like 97 percent better...
    I will also try adding a fuel cleaning additive , anyone know if Shell or Esso do one?
    Thanks again Terry...by the way the stomp test never worked as the check engine light never came on

Hi gents.
    (Car is a 1991 8501 with 65,400 miles.)
    * Note Over past 6 weeks only used the car on Sundays for 30 miles ...

Am experiencing power surging after starting the car I drive off down a long slope say for a mile, and I am getting surging between 700 rpm to 1500 rpm intermitantly, in traffic the surging continues (same rpm).
    When on the motorway and after 2000 rpm everything normal with 20 miles per gallon consumption.

Then when slowing down in traffic and behind slower cars at 700-1000rpm the surging continues, at lights etc and on down gradient slopes at low speed and then when in reverse to park a rough idle and sometimes the engine cuts out with a small yellow light coming on the dash...

1. Should I do a stomp test ..or would this be a waste
    2. Did a coast down procedure last weekend when I noticed this and it didnt help.

Should I repeat the coast down check, anything I should look at before I take the car in to the dealer as this seems a technical problem not sure if I should trust the Mwrench with this ?/
    Is it safe to keep driving it ...?
    Cheers

To the UK

To the UK all in you'd be looking at around 3,500 quid....shipped and papers
    There is a brisk business in used cars here.
    They all have low mileage- nowehere to drive them
    Big sports cars only get used at weekends as fun cars and dont clock up more than 30 -40 miles each weekend.
    So its unot unusual to find a 10 yr old car doing 25kmiles
    The owners are well off and ONLY use BMW for servicing (ecxcept us expats who are not in that league, we ship parts from the UK and use ex BMW mechanics to fit them for a song )...its brilliant.
    Only problem is road tax 800 quid a year and petrol plus its very hilly and speed limit is 110 kms

Allot of Aussies have cottoned on and ship cars to Australia, lots of Maseratis Porsches, Rollers Beemers etc.
    Every time a new model comes in they dump the "old" one and get the new one.
    So you can buy a Maserati Ghibli for 12k pounds >>
    let me know if you need any help as I have contacts.