Beiträge von markmark

disconecting battries

Gents,
    I am still have this car stop for no reason, and its getting worse,
    i have had a small problem with my full pump the other day and had to stop and start the car quite a few times then itv just stoped, also on a bmw owners day out i was showing all other bmw drivers what an 8 can do so it got quite warm got to the end of the run switched the car off, and it did not start again for about 25mins has any one thought that it might be a stiking starter solinoid as it always seems to happen when the car has been on a long run or stop and starting afew times,

as for disconecting the battery i do not have a code for the radio or any other parts of the car not even the clifford alarm it is in valle mode, so who do i dsconected the batteries and get all working again.

Cheers

The car had just had a new nose cone and CSI front spoiler fitted i did not think it would be ready for the show but it was no spaces left shame as it was a scorcher of a day the car would have looked good on the stand, :cry:

you should have just poped in i went at 12 noon got board!!

i think it was something to do with the brushes sticking not sure

i see you have a post on the scotish owners post

hope to meet some time

have just had some mods to car, new springs 35mm lower just what it needed along with new front and rear lower spoilers, st/st system,
    referbed wheels,

Aberdeen owner

I have a Calypso red 840Ci, 1984 i stay in the Manofeild end of Aberdeen, car has a few mods but still quite standard,I am always keen to meet other 8 owners i see plenty driving around the town, it would be good to meet up some sunday for a chat, i am in the Scotish BMW owners club but am the only 8 so feel free to drop me an email.

Car reg L840 JDB

To All
    i have had my alerm removed after the car stoppping for no reason,
    after talking to the garage it turns out that a few older BMW's have come in with the same problem all thinking it was alarms, one owner had said that this happend when it was at main dealer and it was found that at the time the starter had heated up and the brushes had stuck he had said this was a common fault on older cars, i have since had a new starter and the problem has gone,
    he gave it some fine adjustment (Hammer)on sit at time to free it up
    so if you have the same problem look at this

Cheers
    Mark

new springs

Gents,
    As the rear springs sound like they will be fun to do i will try and take pics of the job in steps then post them for all to try at home in the company of a grownup of course.

hopefully this weekend coming
    Mark

Gent,s
    some may not agree with me as i do not have an alpina 8 but i like the look of the badge on the boot (Trunk) for our friends across the water
    and the bonnet badge as know one knows what type of car it is any in aberdeen so i could badge it as an alpina
    But i am not sure what size to get for both as they look like two sizes
    any help as i want a pair and what make are the best to get i have seen Rondal on ebay but they all say E36

also do you get them for the centre badge on the standard 840 s spoke wheel in the cabin

Help

new springs

gent's

thanks for your help, I have orderd the springs and intend to fit them my self any tips if you have done this your self, would helpfull

To all,
    two questions
    can anyone tell me if you can get such a thing as a center arm rest for my 840 ci R/H/D

car failed MOT yesterday and needs new rear springs Mr BMW wanted £186 for two standard have just bought a set of Bilstines 35mm drop for £170 should look good, am thinking of new CSI front spoiler not sure about clearance once it's dropped 35mm any one done this and how much space between road and spoiler,
    asking as i have large speed bumps on my road

any help
    cheers
    Mark

Gent's thanks for that i did visit our local aoutsonic garage last night and have got a quote to remove the hole alarm unit cost £80 -£100 so after all your responces i think i will go down that route as the alarm is in valet mode so its not doing anything anyway

will let you all know if this works

cheers

Yes terry it dose have an extra alarm fitted by Clifford alarm is in Valet mode i was thinking of having it removed depending on how fare it has been intergrated in to the car
    why do you think this is the problem

My 840 has a problem that is making it unreliable, if i am out around the town just stoping and starting as you do then turn the car engine off it some times 3 times inthe last month dose not start, you put the key in and turn to start all dash lights come on as they should turn key and nothing happens car dose not make a noise if you leave it for about 15 -20 mins and turn key again it starts and works fine some one has said it might be a inhibitor solinoid that stops the engine starting when park.
    dose enyone have the same problem if so where is this item

cheers

ps must get this fixed as wife is talking about getting a new car that is reliable NOT A CHANCE over my daed body !!!

so must fix

My BMW 840 Ci has just come from the garage after a rough idle problem and it turned out to be the inlet manifold gasket had failed at the rear of the engine and it was sucking in to mutch air and £350 later it was fixed and is as smooth as before they should run smoothly just as good as the V6 motors

to all
    i have spent most of last year try to find a lower deffuser for my car and in the end had to by one from Mr BMW in Aberdeen, not cheep, and this weekend my wife reversed in to a grass verge in my car, and now i have no deffuser it is in a million bits and cannot be repaired, so i am looking for one slight damge is ok as long as it is repairable, so if you can help please contact me on this email below
    mperry@aikengroup.com