Beiträge von moirmd

Can someone have a look at the power flow regulator and tell me where the the 4 wires go, 2 on the circulating pressure warning switch and 2 on the hydraulic pressure switch. In between the terminale there is the Ate logo, can someone tell me what colours the wires are at the A & E on both please.

My brakes are coming on and staying on after driving for about 20 minutes, leave it a couple of hours and all is fine. All 4 calipers come on and the pedel goes rock hard.
    I have stripped the booster and replaced some of the seals, next step is to replace the master cylinder.:banghead:

Please help

Can someone have a look at the power flow regulator and tell me where the the 4 wires go, 2 on the circulating pressure warning switch and 2 on the hydraulic pressure switch. In between the terminale there is the Ate logo, can someone tell me what colours the wires are at the A & E on both please.

My brakes are coming on and staying on after driving for about 20 minutes, leave it a couple of hours and all is fine. All 4 calipers come on and the pedel goes rock hard.
    I have stripped the booster and replaced some of the seals, next step is to replace the master cylinder.:banghead:

Please help

Hi

Thank's for that and keep in touch, when i get time i'll get it into the dealer and hope that they can fix it. I'm just waiting to receive a set of Brembo front discs and calipers.

Mike

1991 850ci

During an emergency braking I noticed that on my left front wheel ABS didn't worked, the wheel just locked .There was no difference in the road surface between the wheels. The car haves new tires ( 300 miles on them), no ABS warning lights, and this isn’t first time I encountered this problem.
    All the ABS sensor on the car have been replaced, new shocks springs and hubs.
    How can I test the ABS hydro unit?

The problem occurred only on that specific wheel so I believe that the ABS unit is not faulty. I already searched the archives but no luck. Where else can I look?

The hydraulic system was serviced a last week ( new bomb and the power steering system was flushed and new filter installed, hoses etc); brake fluid level is fine, fluid changed/bleeder recently.

When braking hard my passenger front wheel locks up, the abs works on the rest of the wheels as I can feel the pulsing on the brake peddle.

I have replaced all the sensors and the wheel hubs. I have also flushed the abs system with 6 litres of new fluid, new filters and the brake system has had the fluid replaced.

Anyone had this happen to them????

My Amplifier has packed in, anyone got a amp for sale for a 1991 850ci P/N
    or
    or
    BMW dealer can't find one.

Send me your e-mail address and i'll scan the invoice i have and send them to you.

You only have to drop the sub frame if your going to replace the brake line for the rear caliper.
    My sub frame was off so i could replace all the bushing and ball joints plus i swopped the diff for a LSD one.

Mike

I have just replaced all my fuel pipes and hoses, i got them from BMW and all the pipes and fuel hoses came pre-bent ready to fit. I also got all new pipe brackets and replaced them.
    The job took me about 4-5 hours.

Mike

Hi Guys,

You will find K-Mac bars at this site http://www.k-mac.com.au/ can't remember what i paid.
    I'm about to install the rear next week with all new EDC shocks and new CSI springs.
    I have also replaced all the bushings and ball joint so should have some fun when it's back together.

Ask for Kevin if you call or e-mail the site above must say i give them 10 out of 10, got my bars in 4 days from Australia to Scotland.

Mike

Can any of our French owners help me out, i sent my EDC shocks away to Suspensions-Sports down at Alsace, France.

I sent them on the 12th of June and Deloffre Fabrice sent me a Paypal invoice on the 25th July and payment was sent that day.

Since then I’m still waiting on my edc shocks, I have tried to phone, e-mail and fax and can't get an answer on any.

JEAN-MARC
    Sent his away, did you have the same trouble that I’m having???

Are there any of our French owners that stay near that could find out any info on this company?

This is all the info that I have.

Deloffre Fabrice
    Fabricant d@amortisseurs de competition
    Reparation de toutes marques
    D’amortisseurs de moto

21 rue Principale
    68210 traubach le bas

Tel : 03 89 08 00 73
    Fax : 03 89 07 22 67
    Mobile/port : 06 03 19 74 18

Website http://www.susensions-sport.com

Cheers Mike

I have a 91 UK 850ci with an Autodimmer Mirror. The mirror has a censor in the glass for the dimmer and another on the back for the Infra Red remote. My remote is rather large and has 3 buttons 2 on the top to open/close and a extra side button for the secure lock.

As far as I can tell the manual tells you to re-program new remotes from the red light on the consol.

This is a new remote I never had one before, BMW tell me that I have the remote key system but they can not program it is rather convenit since they sold me the key.

Anyway anyone with any ideas?

Mike

I got the 850ci in Aberdeen about 18 mouths ago from a mate, he had it for about two years and 18 mouths of that it sat in his garden with a burst rear EDC shock.
    My 850 is off the road just now as i have sent all the shocks to France to have them overhauled, should get them back next week and fitted this time home.
    Did you ever have trouble with the radio in yours, i have little volume. BMW says that my Amp is the trouble so i got a second hand one and its just the same.

Mike