Beiträge von ron daly

Hi all, replaced the crash sensor in the fuse box and all seems well ( fingers crossed) i tried cleaning the contacts and spraying with cleaner on the original but a new one was the order of the day. thanks for the help.:top:

Zitat von arnie;49229

Could also be due to a bad connection or fault in one of the body-electronics units. I think that the one that controls the indicators is in the passenger sill.

thanks for that, i will look into it hopefully at the weekend

Hi all, i have an intermitent fault as the hazard warning lights flash at random, even when the car is locked, only happens occasionally, seems to be when the temperature is quite high, i think it is to do with the alarm which is original, any help is greatfully accepted, many thanks, ron.

fire extinguisher

Hi, bought my 1992 8 ten year ago and it has a fire extiguisher, looks like from new but not 100%, mine is at the front of the drivers seat as you have said. Sits there fine and hope never to use it :)

Diagnostics

Hi, a friend of mne has a independent BMW garage and has the carsoft on a laptop, which he thinks is good, although he can not get into certain parts of certain cars diagnostics (My 850 abs side) He also has a Vedis diagnostic machine which he has had only about 7months and finds it not as good as the carsoft. ron

Hi from England, Looks a smashing car and i hope you get a lot of enjoyment from it, the guys on the site are very friendly and always helpfull. I bought my 1992 850 eight and a half year ago and it had 99000 mile on it then, its now only got 122000mile. It might be good to have a car with low miles on but as long as you are happy with yours just enjoy it. Regards, RON

front struts

Hi all, Well the first one is off and back on again and will be tackling the other tomorrow. I bit the bullet and bought a set of Bilsteins and yes they have the large nut with them, Many thanks for the helpful advice and will let you all know when the car is back on the road (hopefully tomorrow or sunday) :)

Hi all, One of the front strut assemblies is off but can not get the top nut off, i take it that it should screw off but we have tried with heat and stillsons and it wont budge. The lads that have replaced the struts, what mothod did you use to remove the nut?. We have also tried with a large punch and hammer but not a movement at all.

front strut inserts

Hi all, Well one insert is off and up untill now we can not get the top nut off the strut to take the insert out, ( new inserts came with no nuts so havt to use existing. ) Nuts have been heated and stilsons used with extention but still will not move, i take it if they come off they are standard thread for loosening. but we did try both ways just in case. Can anyone enlighten me as to what i am doing wrong. The large nut has 4 castelations, any help is greatfull. ron

shockers

Hi all,
    Thanks for the prompt replies, i will let you all know what happens in about a week or so, mind you at nearly £500 per assembly i do hope
    it works, once again many thanks, ron

Hi everyone, wondered if someone can help. I have just bought front strut inserts for my 1992 850, the dealer say you can only buy the full strut assembly. I have phone the supplier of the inserts and they say you
    can replace inserts and they have never had a set sent back to them. Wondered if anyone can shed some light on this, many thanks.

Ron Daly :?

Hi all, my 850 will not let my mates diagnostics into the ABS for fault finding, but it allows the rest. Has anyone else come across this and if so any ideas on possible cause and or cure. Its just that the ABS and ASC lights came on once or twice ( hasnt done it since) but trying to ask it for any possible cause.

Many thanks, ron.

Hi lads, Well i am just a joiner (carpenter, chippy or even wood butcher)
    i like the term timber technician. I have worked for mysely for 25 year
    and am a one man band, in my mid fiftys, the pay can be from great to
    crap but all part of the service. I have also a 2002 bm and a Honda CBR
    600 f1 for when i need to get away from it. I have a Citroen Berlingo van
    for graft but someone has to own one. :D Ron

Hi everyone, just returned from holiday on a 60ft canal barge
    down on the river Avon, around stratford (england). A round trip of
    only about 500 miles but the car went like a dream and on the way back
    i even had a full car; yes 4 adults and a bootfull of lugage. Mind you
    there is not the most room in the back, but my wife and father both
    said it was still quite comfortable. Both there and back the car averaged
    23mile to the gallon (english miles and gallons, i think there is a
    difference), i stuck the cruise control on at about 85-90 where possible,
    depends on traffic. Well apart from that does anyone know if you can
    get a strtbrace for the 850 and where,
    Many thanks,
    Ron.

Air flow meter on 850

Hi Guys,
    An update on my car, i now have it back and it is running as it should,
    i have not had a chance to put it through its paces yet but it is running
    as smooth as ever and still brings a smile to my face every time i
    drive it. I got the air flow meter and the radiator from Euro car parts.
    Many thanks once again,

Ron :)