Beiträge von Superstarr840

I must admit you were mentioned ! :harhar: I still have my originals on the car which should keep me going for sometime longer and I just wanted someone in need to have my third pair cheap. I do so dislike UK postal services £42.90 tracked and the cheapest £26.10. No real competition I guess:dontknow:.

I have 2 rear axle top wishbones available for refurbishment. The bushes are shot but as your all aware apart from genuine BMW parts at £250 each they can be refurbished in Germany by wokke. I have just done mine including postage both ways they were £282. Worth getting them done to keep in stock as such. £30 + postage for the pair.

Hi all, Having read a few posts on the throwing star alloys, it started me thinking, which way around should the directional cap be fitted? I have looked through the for sale vehicle in the UK and found some to have the point of the star rotating in the forward direction, others with it trailing when going in a forward direction. I have also seen 2 cars with one of each forward and back on the same side! Anyone out there never taken their wheels off or seen an 8 series press release from BMW with them on? Any help welcome as I would like to know that my wheels are doing what their suppose to do. ( extra cooling of the brakes ).:hmmmm:

Hi all, I've been looking for similar bolts and washers and although I haven't attempted to order yet, it seems that ( BMWclassics.com ) may have the washers in stock. Put it this way I put them in the online basket and it was going to charge me lots of euro's !!! 42.96 + some I expect.

I must admit I do not recommend this but I had the same problem and because the MOT was looming I took out the instrument panel removed the air bag bulb and put black tape over a small window thus blocking out the circuit board hard wired bulb. I had taken it to my local auto electrician but the only code that came up was for a rear passenger air bag fault which he was a little puzzled by. I am as you are, attempting to find the fix I need, but it did go through the MOT with out any questions. I'm bad :oops:.

:hmmmm: Hi all, Can anyone explain, or has had experience of, their ABS light coming on from start up and when I checked it not working. After stopping, cutting the ignition leaving for about 30 seconds and restarting, everything has been fine and working as it should ? Its got me baffled.:dontknow:

I saw it done to both sides of a screen with black insulation tape once. I had to look twice to figure out what was different. I guess fixing it in that way the delamination will eventually just make the screen really small !

Hi all, I was wondering whether any of you would be interested in meeting up in May in the Herts or Cambridgeshire areas. I'm a 8 and 3 series owner and also belong to the BMW car club which means i don't get to speak to that many 8 series owners. The aforementioned car club will be present at the events but they are open to all i believe. Thought it may be a good chance to have a get together. The meets are: 1. Duxford spring car show at the Imperial war museum on the 5th May. &
    a new car show 2. Hert's Auto Show. Weywyn Garden City on the 27th May.
    If anyone's getting bored of waiting for the weather to break let me know and maybe we can get together !!

Hi anyone had a similar issue with their autobox. When the car is started and cold it doesn't go into top gear until i've travelled around 1 1/2 miles.
    When its warm there's no problem. I was thinking that maybe it has a low oil level or tired filters. From what i've read the autobox is sealed for life and i don't have any leaks so i don't think the level could be low?. I have had a quote to replace the filters and auto fluid of about £350. Not sure if that's a good price or of it is really needed. Any advice would be much appreciated.:dontknow:

Hi Guys & Girls, having read previous threads i'm lead to believe that the replacement wheel bearings for the 840 are not as good a fit as the originals. ( OD having been increased in diameter ) Does anyone stock any original new old stock bearings which will make changing them a little easier? :hmmmm:

Hi all.:winkwink: Booked the 840 in today for the boot lid and rear bumper respray,as the reversing sensors are being changed for modern style ones that are flush ( the black ones are about 2cm proud,so 90's). I have also removed a rear spoiler and have the holes and subsiquent rubbing to tidy up. I now have a spoiler spare in BMW paint code 314 (bright red).
    Hoping to get to Gaynor in August anybody already booked?