Beiträge von tripodspore

I seem to remember a few people have had replacement exhausts manufactured for their 850i's......can anyone pass on contact details for recommended manufacturers and outline of costs involved?? I'd be very grateful as my 91 needs a complete new exhaust system and I was hoping NOT to have to go to BMW for it!!

Thanks,

Simon

Caly Bar

Can someone give me a brief "idiot's guide" on how to make best use of clay bar??? Do I use this before doing anything else, or do I wash the car first, etc., etc????

Many thanks in advance and apologies for being a tad dim!!

Simon

Hi Guys!

I am in contact "mit ze germanz" and for their price I seem to be able to get a brand new unit! I DID look at the thread for the 850 being broken for spares, but since I saw Rob's interest in the same part, I was too p[olite to jump in!! I think I have this sorted now, but will let you know.

Thanks a million!

Simon

ACS Rear Spoiler

Would you take 150 Euros cash tomorrow and meet me at Schipol with it -
    I have a mtg in Amersfoort tomorrow lunchtime onwards, so whichever would be closer for you!

Thanks,

Simon

IF THIS IS OK, PLEASE CALL ME TOMORROW ON +44 7971 686114 - I ARR. HOLLAND @ 1145 AND DEPART @ 2155

As you may know, I have just replaced my original nose cone with a brand new one. I have salvaged the old one (which has a split between the grills) and am offering it for sale. It is currently painted Mauritius Blue and apart from the mid-grill split, is in good condition for its age.

Looking for around £175 collected from N.Manchester (or we can meet somewhere nearby).

Let me know if you are interested otherwise it'll be on eBay soon.

Simon (tel: 07971 686114)

Nose Cone??

Bimmerman,

WOULD YOUR NOSE CONE THAT YOU ARE SELLING FIT A 91 850 EURO? If so, I amy be very interested!! What sort of price are you asking? Where are you based?

Thanks,

Simon

limp home!!

Had EXACTLY the same problem in terms of revving and OK in reverse. Car was going into "limp home mode" for no apparent reason whatsoever - I also suspected transmission BUT turned out that pressing the (supposedly non-working) ASC button could replicate the problem while a second press would cure it. So, to cut a long story short, I discconnected the ASC controller (located under the lower passenger side door/floor trim) and voila.....no more problem!!

Sounds like you are experiencing the joys of limp home mode.

Update

Having disconnected the ASC and a diagnostic lead in the trunk, the problem has been solved! Since ASC had never worked since I bought the car, and the diagnostics appear OK, I intend driving it for a few weeks to make sure all is well.

My tech guy thinks the ASC must have been "doing someting"!!

Anyway, happy camper now!!

Thanks,

Simon

Hopefully someone, somewhere can help identify what's going on with my UK '91 850i......... I should stress that when it gets going, it's perfect, BUT most times when starting it will let me get to about 20mph and 1500rpm, then it dies to a crawl. This ONLY happens from starting i.e. it does not die when driving normally.

I have had the main engine management computer replaced (£700) but this has not solved the problem. Also there are no warning messages displayed at all. Since this is an intermittent problem, it has proven very difficult to diagnose. My service guy assures me the engine/auto trans are fine and it is likely to be an electrical fault, but he is not sure where to start looking!

Anyone had similar problems? If so, how was it resolved? If not, then can someone give me a hint as to what may be happening - I dearly love this car and want to get it sorted.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ASSISTANCE ANYONE CAN PROVIDE!

Simon