Beiträge von chadderz

Timm thanks , yes re the photos you are all quite correct, some where shots from when I 1st got the car and a couple of new ones, between my inept photography skills and my daughters sticky fingers does not make for a great sales pitch :/

Took her out today and as it was just me driving no family in tow so gave her some welly, dam what a fine motor she is.

I might just sell my E39 M5 and land rover and keep her, something quite special about an 850 CSI on the road.

Regards
    John

Yes A friend said the same your being too honest and pointing out all the bad things and not enough of the good things, just the way I am I guess I would make a lousy salesman. Re the steering wheel I have put the original one back on today and actually I like it I know crazy but it fits the CSI for an originality point of view I have also taken the strong strut off as well in order to keep the original feel under the bonnet. Re the Alpina wheels I like them they look great if I sell it and someone wants to change them they would have no problem selling those wheels and get some throwing stars so I don't see that as much of an issue. Going to relist it one more time and if it does not go then will keep it. Money is not good at the moment so I don't want to let that influence me giving her away at a silly price.

Regards
    John

[INDENT] Well 1500 views nearly and 83 watchers but maybe everyone was sunning themselves or down the pub I certainly wish I was. So here is what I have learnt and 850 CSI seems to be something that people want to see in its stock condition, comments such as prefer throwing stars to having the Alpinas came up as did sure would have been nice with the old clunky steering wheel and not that new fangled 3 spoke ok, ok so I paraphrase a bit you know who you are

Well having taken all the feedback on board the 3 spoke wheel is out , going to change it with the one from my 840 as this will make the 850 CSI original again and the 840 as a cheap project I don't mind what in my mind is a huge upgrade. Going to remove the strong strut as again this is not original and hey look it fits the 840 quite nicely. I wont remove the upgraded ignition coils and leads but will offer them in future sale as stock as the ignition system and the engine just run so damm sweet.

Once I have done the above will list one more time at an 8.5 k start and if it does not sell then I will just continue to chip away at it as a long term project.

NB the guys who came to view where my kind of people petrol heads with nothing but love for our Ozone killing machines nice to see someone actually take the time to come view an bid and not just bid

without seeing.

Peace Chad [/INDENT]

Zitat von HerrRichter;121082

What is the nature of the driver's side rear quarter damage - has it been "reconstructed"? Door handles have been painted, so has it received a full respray at some point?

Yes full re spray or at least that side and a poor one if I am honest, the rear quarter has been pulled out , you can see the tell tale dot marks in the back where they have used some machine to pull the panel out. I had a garage who where willing to take the car on and do the re spray if they could then use it in marketing however he did say that rather than mess about I should get a new bonnet and new sun roof cover before they carried out the work, but I have to draw a line under my spending.

Zitat

Also, it must have had front end damage to be wearing the non CSI nose?

You would assume so yes, mind they are easy enough to break at the best of times

Zitat

AHK has been disabled? Do you mean the warning light remains on, or have the hydraulics been disconnected?

The Hydraulics have been disconnected, I remove the fuse so no MID warning.

Zitat

Any error messages on the on-board computer?

The occasional brake light fail depending on the cars mood and of course the lights all work fine.

Zitat

Have you been able to plug in a diagnostics tool and read the error codes from each engine bank?

Yes got an ADS cable software and laptop,no codes sweet as can be.

Zitat

Not the CSI exhaust system, are they just after market end pipes or are the back boxes aftermarket?

Just back boxes and pipes to the centre original from there, sounds pretty fantastic.

Zitat

Are the underside lines rusted? brakes, climate control, AHK?

Diff oil cooler has come surface rust, generally good condition under there, will have a look later so I can be sure re other pipes.

Zitat

Whereabouts in Donny are you? easily reachable from Robin Hood's airport? I would rather not have to drive my CSI back from Switzerland.

20 minutes away from Robin Hood

Zitat

When your auction ends I plan to be with it in Munich at the 8th Munich Stammtisch.

Have put my answers in line above as this is not my thread I will start a new thread for other questions as not fair on the OP.

Cheers

[COLOR="#008000"]Moderator note: Applied quoting to improve contrast between question and answer[/COLOR]

Check the wiring loom in the inner wheel well going to the ABS pump, it may look ok on the face of it but pull back some of the insulator where it bends slightly as it exits the wheel well toward the front of the car and you may find a broken or corroded wire. Key word may but it’s worth a shot.

Got any codes?

Chad

No update yet, still trying to source some bolts as I flat refuse to pay that sort of money for BMW bolts. I just need some 10.9 high tensile bolts, looks like I will have to go with a hex head though not Torx. Car is on cribbing blocks I made so I could get underneath it to do small under-body repairs but I an thinking I might hold off on the diff until I can get me a 2 post lift or similar so I can drop the whole rear frame diff and all and just lift the body away. I will keep an eye out for you as well and PM you if I see a diff for you as I still have all my searches on eBay in place from when I snapped mine up recently.

Zitat von TERMINATOR;110021

Just a tip...:)

I did this swap on my 840. It was a 3,91 from a e34 m5. On mine, the 12 bolts on the two output shafts was different threads , so i needed to buy new bolts also.
    I'm not saying you need new bolt, just be careful to not force them in when mounting the output shafts, just in case..

Thanks for the tip mine are quite badly rusted so will be fun taking them off. Got a quote for replacement bolts and nearly fell off my chair £115 quid for 12 bolts :O. Below is the before tax price per unit, are they made from kryptonite alloy or something or can I source elsewhere?

So could I use a high tensile steel bolt such as this ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M10-…&var=&hash=item53f61fabfc or http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M10-…&var=&hash=item5d37d7b806

Mines a UK 97 840 M62 Auto and 3.15 LSD would be nice but maybe a bit tame even if I could find one for sale here in the UK. The 3.23 also hits the sweet spot and there are more E36 M3 3.2 evo LSD Diff 3.23 ratio big 210 case around in the UK than 3.15 LSD. I have done a lot of research and reading and I am happy that the 3.23 would fit well with what I have, I just need a heads up on swapping the internals. There is a lot of info about swapping the input shaft and setting the preload etc. so I am good there but nothing that I can find that really gets into the meat of swapping the internals for a 210 diff. More than happy to be a lab rat on this with some guidance and more than happy to document doing this for others so that if anyone else choses this then the information is on once place, just need some helpful advice from a great community and one that must have collectively a few thousand year's experience of E31's :) Chad

Hi all, Thought I would say hello over here. What a great store of information there is here , I have fun reading some of the older posts and the tech articles. Car ( CC66881 840 Ci Sport 97) is in the garage still no rush to get it on the road just working on the underside at the moment. I spotted this diff on eBay and I am willing and able I think to swap the internals. Anyone done this procedure before? Tips welcome. Thanks Chadderz