Beiträge von Paul_M

Thanks again for the info. I'll keep a lookout, never know when I may get lucky.

I tried to register on 8-fest, but it won't let me put my car's details in saying this configuration wasn't available from BMW. Mine is either MY94 or MY95 Euro 840Ci 6-speed. I tried both 1994 and 1995 but it wouldn't accept either.

PS Can you also get build details for a 1995 540i/6? I have one of these too, it was my previous car before getting the 840 and has a lot of similarities. I plan on selling it soon.

Cheers
    Paul.

Hi Jud

Thanks for the reply and the information. I have the M60 V8 so not quite as rare as the M62 6-speed but 1 of 54 is still scarce! I don't have my chassis number with me at the moment but I will try and remember to write it down when I get home.

I'll keep a look out for the mirrors. Is there no difference between LHD and RHD mirrors? I take it I need to ensure they are heated and have memory function?

Cheers
    Paul.

Hi guys,

I guess a lot of people wonder the same thing, but is there anywhere I can buy CSi mirrors for a reasonable price (probably used)? My car is Calypso red and has memory function for mirrors, although I guess any colour will do and I can get them painted.

BTW I have an 840Ci 6-speed manual, a rare beast indeed as I believe there are only 37 RHD models in existence? It was a bit of an impulse buy really, very fortunate as I'd never have bought an auto (hate the driving experience, or lack of, and I'm 25 so way too young!) and probably wouldn't buy an 850 as the maintenance scares me!

Cheers
    Paul.