Beiträge von DMPrentice

I would not go with the same color as the car for one main reason, you are probably not going to be able to find HIGH temp paint that is close enough to the color of your car, and if it is not really close it is going to look cheap..

I painted mine silver, and am very happy with the "clean" look that it gives.

Just my opinion for what it is worth..

As far as the license plate goes, can't help you, don't know which one is old, and which one is new ( US ) if I had to choose I like the white one better...

Happy Motoring !!!!

DMP :twisted:

Thanks for the input guys !!!

I found the IM gaskets for $110 US each (need 2) I can't imagine not replacing those "while we are in there"...

Happy Motoring !!!!

DMP
    :twisted:

Hello All !!!!

I have an oil leak :( My mechanic says the valve cover gaskets are leaking for sure and possibly the crank seal, we are hoping that it is not the upper pan gasket... My question to you guys is about labor times, I am sure one of you guys have had one if not all of these repairs done at some point, my mechanic is quoting me $600 US to replace the valve cover gaskets, (sounds a little steep to me) He has been very trustworthy in the past but I like to do a little homework to avoid getting screwed...

Thank-You in Advance

Happy Motoring

DMP

I have been taking on water during "HEAVY" rain.. It has since ruined my rear tray, I will need all new interior, but do not want to replace until I am sure the problem is fixed... I had the "rear" window gaskets replaced, $$$$$(which I understand to be a common problem), but the other day I was still receiving some wet "gifts"... I believe now my rear window gasket may be bad.... any help from my brothers????

Happy Motoring !!!

Thank-you in advance

I need brake pads,,, Big surprise !!!

I was recently looking around the Internet and found a brand that I hadn't heard of... Mintex, they are a little pricey, but I usually like that, because things that cost more are "usually" better... Anyone know of these, or have a better suggestion????

Thank-you in advance

Happy Motoring

Does anyone know the size of the speakers in the great 8, I would like to upgrade the sound system, but still want the original look.... I measured myself, but it seems that the major companies do not make speakers this size anymore, just wanted to check with my brotherin to see if any of you guys have done the same thing....

Thank-you in advance

I have a very slight humidity problem with my drivers side "passing light", I was just wahing the car and noticed it.... does anyone know of a remedy??? or do I just need to replace it $$$$$$, it is very minor but I keep my 8 perfect, just like you guys...

Thank-you in advance

Hello All !!!

Reposting this subject from September, having a hard time thinking that all of my 8 Brotherin (especially the Euros)don't know where I can get some of these....

Thank-you in advance... :D

DMP

Hello Peter !!!

I paid $15US(one bottle) for the Thechron, let me see how it does, and maybe I can send you some, I have sent many packages to Italy, and know that it is CRAZY expensive to send over seas, but whatever it takes, if it works I want you to have some, your ebay quote sounds a little steep..

Thanks

DMP

I was looking at the post on h-power loss, and took Terry's advice and went out and bought the Techron fuel system cleaner, just waiting to go through the rest of my gas (shouldn't be long) will keep everyone posted on that. Anyway was wondering if anyone had any experience with these "oil additives", I was watching the speed channel the other day, and they made it sound like the greatest thing ever, No it was not an infomercial, the product was called Restore....I am VERY VERY skeptical about using a product like this with no feedback.. Do any of you guys know of this product????

Thank-You In Advance

DMP

was that a job that you did yourelf or did you have the dealer/mechanic :evil: do it ??? I hate the dealer :twisted: and although I have a new mechanic that I "think" I can trust, you are always in a bad spot, they can tell you anything, one more reason to love this site, thank-you for your input....

DMP

I am having trouble with the drivers side "outside" door handle, the inside one is working fine... The problem is when you go to enter the car it feels like it is "locked", although if you lift it "up and down" a few times
    (3 times max, so far) it will finally open... Any suggestions fellow 8-er's

Thank-you in advance

DMP