Beiträge von DMPrentice

Thanks for the tips guys, I was just driving down the road and went to sound my horn (hot girl walking dog) and it worked, but very faint, I am hoping for the bad connection, I am going to jack it up and have a look after I leave the office..

Thanks
    DMP

sorry, some bad typing

what I wanted to say is do not put an "M" badge on the car... :evil:

I see 3 series cars every day with "M" badges on them and I want to beat them, lying to others is one thing, but don't lie to yourself....

Terry, Happy Holidays !!!!

What do you think I need upper or lower ??

Or is it best to just replace them both at the same time ??

What would you expect on labor time ?? As I have said before I am no mechanic, and EVERYONE in Florida is a theif....

Thank-You In Advance

DMP

Hello All, Happy Holidays !!!

I am starting to get that 55-60 "wobble" in the front end, can anyone tell me where I can purchase the "poly" bushings to replace my bad ones??

Thank-You In Advance

DMP

Does anybody know what the best window tint is, I live in Florida and it just has to be done, I am not crazy about the idea but as I said it is almost required, I don't want it to look like a limo just keep out some of the damaging rays.. By the way I HIGHLY recommend a front windsheild sunshade, it is made by covercraft the guys that make car covers, it is custom made for the car, and fits like a glove, ( about $75) and worth every penny, if your car ever sits outside, i.e work, etc

Does anyone know about the price or intallation of the "factory" keyless entry systems??? I was at the local upper level auto accessory shops and found a system that I was really excited about. It was an alarm that the remote would alert you if it were going off, it would raise or lower your windows at the push of a button, and now my favorite part,,,AUTO START :D !!, the only question/concern that I have would be about electrical problems?? Does anyone know about the electrical system and what it will take as far as these aftermarket "gizmos" ???

Thank-you in advance for any tips...

DMP

I do not have any high speed noise, it does have a little tear right where it makes the curve, It was leaking, but I was able to mess with it a little and get it in the up position and it doesn't leak anymore, unless I spray it directly with the hose while washing. Although I never put it down anymore, and I really miss that, because that is a fantastic feature on these cars...

Thanks

DMP

I just returned from a drive (actually work not pleasure) and pulled into the garage and the leak was coming from what you would call the "bell housing" on an american car... it is right behind the front stress bar and crossmember, it has wht looks like a 4x4 inch "waffle" at the bottom, when I had the car jacked up I could not figure out what that was ther for, but as I sad before I am no mechanic....

I am hoping for oil pan gasket, that sounds like a semi-inexpensive repair...at least it has been on other cars I have had, but mechnanics see you pull in with an 8 and immediatly want to jump in your wallet...

I seem to be dropping a small amount of oil on my garage floor, but only after the car has been run, it seems to be an area right between the front wheels, any ideas would be a great help as I hate the dealer :twisted:
    because they can tell toy anything they want, I am a driver not a mechanic...

Thank-you in advance

DMP

I seem to have a leak in my passenger side rear window... :cry:

I looked at it and there does seem to be a tear, I was quoted $180.00US
    for the part :x Does anyone have any experience with replacing this item, as I would rather eat broken glass than go to the dealer...

Thank-you in advance

DMP