Beiträge von DMPrentice

Hello Kris,

I would reconsider replacing those letters, it is a bit fun since you are in the US to leave people guessing on what type of car it is, some knuckleheads think it is a new model, :lol: because you see so few of them. I took mine off as soon as I got the car, but I have always been a fan of the "shaved" look, just a thought, nice looking car..
    Happy Motoring !!!

DMP

What would be the "red flag" to indicate a jam?? I agree though it makes sense that if the roof will "tilt" to the "up" position that the motor may not be bad... When I go to "open" the roof it will "drop down" like it is going to open, but goes no further, I am just scared at that point because I don't want it to get stuck open, as I am in Florida , where this time of year it rains a little every day.. Nonetheless thank-you very much for your help/advice on this matter, this is a great site that brings together good guys that have a passion for a great car.....Hope to hear back..

DMP

I need a motor, or so I was told, I don't trust my dealer at all, half of the time I go there half off the staff comes out to look at my car, like they have never seen one.. The roof will "tilt" up just not "slide" back, what do you want for the motor? and how old is it?

Thank-you in advance

DMP

Does anyone have any experience with replacing the sunroof motor??
    Mine is gone, it will open the sunroof "up" but it will not "slide" back, I have not yet called my dealer to see how much they are, but I did pull the trim piece down, and it looks pretty straight forward, just checking with my fellow 8 brotherin to see if there are any surprises...

Thanks

DMP

BUY IT !!!!! These cars are the best, You can hardly go anywhere without someone saying something to you about it, mainly because they are rare, I drive mine everyday and aside from the thirsty 12-cylinder eating gas like a Hummer it is fantastic. With the 8-cylinder you won't have that problem. Good-Luck..

DMP

Welcome to the club Paul, congratulations on the car it looks great !!!
    8's rule, not the best on gas, and maintenance, but if you cared about that you would have bought something stupid like a Honda :twisted:

DMP

I had a similar problem, the mechanics in my area told me I needed a new transmission....( $8500 ) I sent my car up north to some mechanics I trusted, and they sent the "shift likage" off to a place in Texas to be rebuilt, and about $400 later I was in business once again.. Don't be taken advantage of most people half of the time don't even know what these cars are until they see the embelm.. Much less have ever worked on one.. Good Luck!!

My steering wheel is showing some signs of wear after many years of loyal service... I see these replacement "skins" in some of the books, they are leather, come with the stiching, and a special needle, they are custom fit for the Make and Model. HELP can anyone vouch for this product ????

Thank-You in advance

Car looks GREAT ! Beautiful color, I just joined today (have been trying for a while, but I heard there were some problems) Great Web Site for an even Greater Car, 8's Rule