Beiträge von redtesta

Hello all,
    Need a bit of advice, im doing the water pump on my 1992 and so far everything has come off nicely. I have , however, noticed that the lowest bolt on the water pump happens to be behind the pully and dampner. Not a good design but i have a question. Will i need any special puller or will i be able to take out the bolts holding the pulley and the large bolt holding the dampner out with no issues?

Thanks in advance

JP

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good place to get bmw parts locally here in southern california. Im in Irvine. Looking for a retail store that i can get parts at? I do get some parts online but for the immediate parts i need i would like to be able to go to a retail store.

Thanks
    JP

My name is JP , im in southern california. Not many people on here from USA :(

I was hoping someone could guide me to a good mechanic or shop in southern california or at least surrounding area.

The city I'm is is Irvine. Next door to Newport Beach and Aliso Viejo. I have dealers around me but many dont know the 8 series or just dont want to work on them or dont have certain machines (i guess diagnostics)

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

JP

Hey guys,
    I blew a coolant hose last night. Usually its pretty standard to find and replace but this one is in a unique location. THis one connects to a pipe, at the top of the rear of the motor. I look from underneath and can see it and can see it from the top but not very well. I dont know which hose this is but it scares me that the motor might need to be dropped just to get to it or rather from the top, the plenum will need to be removed.

Any advice on this ? I tried to bring the picture up at http://www.realoem.com but its hard to tell which line it is. Again, its connected to a steel pipe. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks
    JP

Does anyone have any pictures or guidance on removing the rear seat or bench in my 850? What im actually trying to get at is replace the "medical vent thingy" between the rear seats (need to replace) and also the back top part in the rear with the speakers in it , i want to remove that and have it recovered by my headliner guy.

Can anyone help me or advise me on this.

Thanks in advance

JPz

Hey there,
    You were reading my mind. I was just going to post a reply on how my headliner was doing and ask for some assistance with my sunroof. First the head-liner.

First, my headline is perfect. No issues at all. He does a quality job and is a good person. He uses "better" adhesive for thank god he did because i have a slight leek in my "sunroof rubber seal" that just happend. Water got in, at the corner "twice". The headliner completely held up no issue :)

I was going to post on how to "take out" the sunroof" so i was reading some posts on here and at http://www.wuffer.net . At wuffer they have a 1994 manual you can download and shows the couple bolts and what to do. Its time for me to start fixing my 850 up. Ive been concentrating on my other cars so now its time for the bmw to get a face-lift.

The owner of bon -a - rue works very quickly but with quality. If you take off say a Tuesday, drop it off to him early a.m. on Tuesday (say 7:30) he will have it for you that afternoon. Same day service. He and his assistant will work on it and get it done. Like i said i've had no issues and it sounds like you have just a little area but for the price, and while there doing that one part, i would do the whole thing and get it updated. Its really just a matter of time. Oh, he also matched the color perfectly.

My contact info is on my profile and email, email me if you want to and get time and I can call Jesse and the guys over at the headliner shop and talk to them for you. If you have a picture of you're issue, send it to my email.

Take care

Fluid

Dont know if this will help but i sent an email to Castrol and below is the email i received back from them. Please post any opinions for or againts what they recommend.

"Thank you for contacting Castrol.

According to our lubrication guides for your 1992 BMW the appropriate automatic transmission fluid to use is the Castrol Multi-Vehicle ATF.

Please use our vendor locator at the following link: http://www.castrol.com/castrol…on.do?categoryId=82915461

Simply enter your city and state and the locator will give you all of the Castrol retailers within a 15 mile radius. Retailers base their product line heavily upon consumer demand. We suggest you contact the retailer directly to inquire about specific product availability.

This product can also be ordered from an on-line retailer of our motorcycle and automotive products at http://www.proformanceusa.com. Proformance offers free shipping for all orders over $40.00 anywhere in the USA with the exceptions of Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico."

Thanks guys

Sway bar bushings

great help. Thanks. I do already have the bushings shown. I need the sway bar bushings. I guess in the picture it would be item (3) and (7) Front and rear sway bar bushings.

How do i go about ordering the sway bar bushings?

Thanks for all your help

Im having issues trying to find someone that makes Urethane sway bar bushings for my car. Its a 1992 850. It seems people always carry all the bushings for other BMW's but the 850 gets left out. I planned on upgrading to Urethane anyway but a oil leaving from the power steering saturated the bushing and its useless.

Any help or advisement would be appreciated.

Oh, not that its a big issue im in USA.

GREAT DEAL GREAT JOB! HEADLINER

After looking at some of the threads i decided to go see two guys (interior/upholstery guys) i heard about. THey ended up getting me new headliner by matching it with my current and same material, the took it completely apart including the sunroof and scrapped all the old sponge foam material off. Put new foam material and healiner in and the only thing i needed that were bad ended up being the "clips" which were nothing for an additional 25 dollars. Total cost out the door $470.00 took day and a half.

If you live in southern California or close i recommend this place highly. The name of the place is....

Bon-A-Rue's Auto Upholstery
    1500 W Katella Ave
    Orange, CA 92867
    (714) 639-6540

Tito is the main guy and owner. Fantastic guy and honest. Been in business 35 years. If you do go down tell him JP recommended you.

Hope this helps. Ill post some pictures here.

Any direction for me

Im in southern California in the USA. Dont really know any trimmers. Does anyone in here know of any good places to take my 850 to in souterhn california? Im in Orange County California.

I dont want to take it to my standard high end places for i spend to much as it is. Sounds sorta like im cheaping the bmw but really just a good fair price at a resonable cost.

Thanks

Hey people,
    Ive just noticed that my fog lamps dont work. All of my lights work except for the two fog lamps. New bulbs in both sides and "no fuses" are blown. Was wondering if it could be in a relay in the fuse box or whatever advice you can give.

Secondly, i had this issue before and someone on the boards told me to check my fuses. Sure enough, the fuse was blown and i replaced the fuse but it keeps blowing the fuse after a couple of uses of the wiper. Can someone help me with that.

Appreciate always the help and guidance.

THanks

UPDATE: WIPERS

WUFFER, you were correct. I went into the fuse panel and looked at the fuses. My fuses went up to 29 (the small fuses) then there are a bunch of replays or blocks. I still had the original fuses in the box meaning that you can see the wire from the top. Fuse 15 in my box was bad. This fuse 15 is associated with the wipers in the description on the fuse panel layout. I replaced the fuse and the wipers have their functions again. I need to go down and see if water comes out when i pull back the handle i will do that in a few but wanted to post to tell you that it was a fuse.

Thank you so much. Im still learning BMW and especially the 850's so it very helpful and appreciated when someone knows the car and can direct you in the right way.

JP