Beiträge von E31Gill

Zitat von shiggsy;97499

I tried one of those a few years ago on the back of the E31, it doesn't work, the sensor strip has to be a certain distance away from any metal and the rear of the E31 is one giant metal girder.

Thanks for sharing. I was quite tempted to give it a go. The site for parking dynamics mentions that its possible to insulate the metal. I wonder how feasable this'll actually be?

37 years old, Air traffic control guy. Hargerty Classic policy so no NCB. Announced upgrade for the 18" Hartge Classic alloy wheels + S/Steel exhaust. Agreed value of £7k with allowance of 3k miles a year for about £450 for a 1994 850Ci Auto kept overnight on the driveway in W.London. Pretty good I thought!

Without this man's dedication and his willness to share his mine of knowledge, many 8's would have otherwise faced the crusher. Thanks where thanks is due Gerry

Yes, the front left indicator/side light/Hi beam. Someone reversed into my car. :(

The nose on these cars are so low they arent always seen by other drivers. I have a cracked nose cone and a broken grille.
    I have a new grille and will repair the nose when the weather improves

A common failure. Most likely rusted and a pin hole has formed.
    You are in luck. There's one on ebay incorrectly listed as a 7 series unit for £19.99 + postage. Ebay item number 260514167962 - no affeliation etc. I got one as a spare from this seller.

You will need 3 new o-rings. One for each A/C line and one for the pressure switch.

My seats are in ever so easy to match black. I did mine around 4 years ago and they still look pretty good. You can see them for yourself if you like. I am up the road from you.

Apologies for the delay. I totally missed out your message as i didnt subscribe to this thread.

CONDENSOR
    I got my condensor some time ago and it sat waiting until I was ready to install it. I got mine from ebay, but I have seen one for £145+del & VAT here:-
    http://www.automotive-air-cond…Model=850&part=Condensers
    I am sure you can find one cheaper if you shop around

RECEIVER/DRiER
    There is a guy on ebay selling delphi receiver driers for 19.99 + £6p&p. I got one from him as a spare. There are still more for sale. search item number 260514167962.

O-RINGS
    just get the lot from BMW. they arent that expensive. remember, the drier will need 3 and not 2 as shown on the BMW parts diagram. There is a hidden one beneath the pressure switch.

Good luck and PM me if you need help. The AC system is very straight forward and I am happy to walk you through the process.

Zitat von anguswolfendale;79525

Gerry,
    What's your price on the rear shock reinforcement plates? I can't find them on your phoenixmotorsport website.

They are on ebay right now

I know the feeling. At most I have had 9 on mine. Then was squeaky clean for over 5 years until I was nabbed by a white van on a bridge doing 60 in a 50 zone on a 6 lane dual carriageway...that'll be 3 points sir!

I tell you these 8's can be licence eaters. I now have in the dash satnav with fixed speed camera and mobile location hotspot integration.

Zitat von Danilo;79208

Oh dear... I kow that feeling...
    That's a job is best done with the help of a good (=willing) friend :top:

I used a pressure Brake fluid pump at the master cylinder end and a vacuum pump at the calipers. Then I just had to bleed them in the correct order whilst pumping the pedal. I had to do this three times before it was right.