Beiträge von E31Gill

Zitat von Seb;69039

Thanks for that but we're sorted for everything but an 850!

You must remember that the 850 was supplied to the UK between 1991 and 1994. That limits you to a J-L reg - ONLY 3 years!. In that time, just 1046 examples were made in RHD and only a small fraction of those will still be on the streets - most of which will now become project cars and as Tony quite rightly points out, modified - engine, interior, ICE/GPS, wheels etc.. It is less likely that a regular 850 will recieve the same level of care and respect that one would do to say an Alpina or CSi and as a result there are many grotty examples - mine included :oops: - the bonnet is suffering lifting laquer and the sunroof panel has rust. If mine were in better shape, being local, I would have stepped forward but I feel that there should be a better example to do the marque justice.

Try contacting Peter Rice and see if he can nominate a clean 850 owner from the recent Gaydon event.

I'm not too sure how sensitive these unit are. There is no filament after all, it would be gas escape from the bulb or contact damage to cause failure.

You could try swapping bulb then ballast between left and right and check the results

Looks like it was a great day for all. Sadly I could not attend due to a domestic problem that morning. I really do hope to attend next year ;)

Zitat von Argonaut;66243

Cheers chaps, I'll give it a whirl without changing the facia - do any of you have experience with lighting? (I mean did you have to change the headlamp lenses?)

I dont believe so. Remove the headlamp lid and move the adjustment level to the RHD side. This should sort out the beam pattern to RHD road usage

I would love to attend and exhibit but I fear that my less than perfect condition 850 would do the marque little justice, though I do think that my non standard navigation setup will raise the eyebrows of fellow 8er owners :grin2:. Does Peter have 50 exhibitors yet?

Zitat von sparklesmcgraw;64413

Thanks for the advice.

Ive just been to my local Costco and signed up. They quoted me £285 each for the tyres including fitting. A very good deal indeed and the best out of anywhere I have looked. Looks like I will be going to them unless my BMW dealer can match that.

:top:

Thats a brilliant price reduction, what do you need to sign up with costco?

Zitat von Mojo;63407

Probably time that I figure out whether I've got the 4 or 4.4 litre. Any easy ways to spot the difference? My 840 was built in 95 when there were still some of the old M60's going in, mid-year switching over to the new M62's.

you could always enter your chassis number into REALOEM.COM and there wil be a summary of your cars details at the end with either M60 or M62

Zitat von stensen;62641

The screw plug for my tool box is broken inside the threaded plug.
    How can i fix this ?

The tool box screw is plastic. No need to use stud extractors. I had a similar problem on my E34 many years ago. I used a large flat tip screwdriver, heated it up on a gas cooker and melted my own slot. When it hardened, I unscrewed it using that screwdriver. Replacement plastic screws handles are availble at BMW

An incredible effort and a tribute to your dedication to your car. I think it looks awesome. If a spoiler like that was available on the open market, many of us would snap one up in a flash. Many purists hate any kind of deviation from factory spec (as I found with my navigation setup) but I think that if it pleases you as the owner, go for it.

Question:
    Will the higher elevation obscure the third brake light? Did you consider inserting a LED brake light assembly as found on E46 convertibles?

Trust me guys, you arent missing anything. I find it really annoying. I hate web pages that introduce noise as soon as you enter them.

When I log on at work, an annoying drum beat starts and everyone turns to see where the noise is coming from. I know the PC sound can be turned down or even off, but I need the sound turned on for alarms in my other background applications.

Steve, if I were in your position, I would be tempted to deconstruct both assemblies and see if both can be merged to encompass memory function into the three prong motor housing.

I recall reading some time ago about someone who did this either on RF or here back in the day of Clube31

Zitat von koenig dave;61672

done a deal today. total stranger walked up to me on sunday whilest I was waiting for the wife in my ks8 and asked if I new anyone who wanted a cheap 8. collecting it on sunday. not baged. csi body kit. metalic red. grey leather interia. vin number cb97384. dont know what cc it is yet or how many owners.:driver::devilchilli:

Lucky you!. I wish I had the space to store spares like that.
    According to REALOEM, you have just got yourself an automatic (non-steptronic) M60 840i E31 Coupe produced september 1994

How much is cheap? - if you dont mind me asking

The 4 wire mirrors are non-memory whereas your older mirrors were memory mirrors. The CSi mirrors can be ordered with the memory and heated function, you have just been a little unlucky with your purchase.

All is not lost. You will be pleased to learn that you can swap the guts between your old mirrors and the new so that you retain the old motors and wiring, thus retaining the memory and auto dipping function.

Good luck and let us know how you get on