Beiträge von JDMAGENT

Had another moment to disconnect wires. Seems like I'm not getting the right one. I've already disconnected the Black box next to the subwoofer on top. I opened the rear wall in the trunk only to find two silver boxes and a ton of wires. Is this the source? I am hesitant to pull any more wires. Please if anyone has done this in the past a photo or directions would be appreciated.. =)

I finally had a moment to spare today. I went ahead and opened my rear trunk...I saw a subwoofer on the left and two boxes. I went ahead and opened the back panel piece to disconnect the phone component to allow my front speakers to work. I went ahead and removed my audiovox phone box. (the black one). My front speakers still do not work. Is there an exact wire I need to pull from the amp? I cannot determine which one to disconnect because there are so many wires. Is there anyway anyone can provide me with directions or a photo of which to disconnect. I am desperately trying to get my front speakers to work again.

I see that the phone currently equipped is connected to a box near my center console. I this the unit i deactivate? Or is the problem only able to be fixed by removing the unit from the trunk? I searched the trunk and was not able to locate anything., Please advise.

In regards to my sound issue. It was mentioned that maybe the reason my front speakers aren't working is because I have a phone hooked up. Is there a specific place in the trunk where I can unplugg this device to allow my front speakers to work again? Please Advise.

I recently was working on my rear view mirror and on a hard push managed to crack my windshield. I now have a crack about 4 inches long 3 lines total....is this repairable? How much would a new windshield cost me? Any one in California with a spare? :?:

Souther California Independant Shop

I am also having the same problem you have with my 91 850i. It doesn't seem like any quality BMW shops are available that are honest and fair. Would you mind telling me where you have been going to get your vehicle serviced in the past? I'm located in Orange County/ Anaheim, CA

I just recently bought an 850i, best car ever owned! When I was talking with the previous owner he mentioned that it is bad to let the car start up and idle for long periods of time, is this true? Does leaving the car on for periods of time damage it? I read in the manual that once the car starts up it is recommended that you drive as soon as possible? Do you guys let the car warm up on idle in the morning? Why is it bad to let the car warm up?