Beiträge von sandwich

Lovely Alfa Nick. Thoughts so far? Plus we need pics of the 8 pretty sharpish or the whole story about getting it back on the road was just wishful thinking!

Zitat von mcat911;132504

Hey Sang and BB and all, I still visit. Have been under the car a lot lately fixing things and yes sometimes I think enough of this, too old to be scrambling around under 2 tons of car, BUT when she's sorted and running there's no way I'd give her up. Ah....

Hi chaps. Surely someone must be wanting to give myself and BB a rubbish old 8 series? I really can't see why you guys keep them! The rusty sunroofs, crappy pixels, rubbish headlight adjusters. Why do you all bother?
    If anyone fancies a swap I' ve decided to sell this little gem. Think of the planet guys and start knitting yoghurt.
    http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C805529

Zitat von BBMatic;132372

i never stopped lurking here.
    Maybe one day. I'm regretting the idiotic sale of my car due to trivial money worries, when I should have removed the car from my thinking completely. She was fixed after a tranny problem and raring to go. The family knows it hurts; we've started a new business meanwhile which i guess took priority, thankfully its doing really well.
    maybe if we start doing even more really well, which is possible, i'm working on it. thanks for asking.

I know the pain you're feeling!
    Of all the cars I've had the pleasure to own, the 8 Series is still the only one I still lust after. Cannot stop looking at the usual places to see if there's one at a reasonable price V mileage. One day eh?

Hi Angus
    hope all good? Did you get the car resprayed? My friend Derin , who you may know, uses a guy in Welshpool as far as I know. He is a total perfectionist so if you haven't sorted it yet ,it may well be worth dropping him a line.
    His website is http://www.bmwclassics.co.uk
    Good luck
    steve

Good point! It's just a question of trying to justify another set of wheels also. I used to spend hours lavishing attention on the previous 8 so have this fear of buying a lemon.
    it would now seem that £12-£15k is the money you'll pay for a 100k miler.....
    so....who knows?,,

Zitat von BBMatic;129027

I already did. Not going to happen.
    Thanks f
    or replies.

It's getting really frustrating. I'm going through weird side effects like having a hankering after a Renault Avantime etc etc. I'm sure it's PTE31SD which I guess will eventually subside but at the moment it's not healthy.
    I know there's some really optimistic bods asking silly money but I know in a couple of years, who the fool will be! I just can't justify £15k for an unknown car.
    So how's tricks with the rest of the 8 Bods?

I know the feeling Burn. Sold the M3 via Pistonheads. Inundated with calls from idiots for a week. Was going to just give up and sell to WBAC but eventually sold it.
    One very lazy eye open for an E31 as have made the rear of the house accessible!
    Regards to all

Mick BB and Angus
    Glad to hear you're all chipper. Sunny Shrewsbury is fine. All kids have now left home, so wifey and I have decided to refurb the house we moved to a few months ago. Trawling window, door and kitchen showrooms is certainly not my idea of fun. Not long till we start smelling of pee and cabbages too!
    Where in mid Wales have you moved to Angus? Lived just outside Llansantffraid for a few years and had a great time.
    Re the POS BB.....Cheeky young pup. At least it goes forward! I still keep looking for a good 8 but all seem to have well over 100k miles on now and not sure i could bear any serious troubles...Anybody fancy a rather nice M3? Soon to have the Freeview tuner fitted!!!
    Be good all ...
    Did anyone bother with Gaydon this year?
    Is Graham still about ? Nifty??