Beiträge von sandwich

Like a pillock I left my Tom Tom sat nav on the windscreen in my drive last night. At 0310 hours this morning I woke up after hearing the alarm and hey presto...No sat nav. That doesnt actually worry me too much but I cant get a replacement drivers side window for 7-10 days!

Moral...take the bloody thing out of the car and the mounting plate with it!

Went to the classic car show today to take part in the Dream Rides event in the 840. Had a superb day out and was taken aback by the amount of interest in the car. There was the usual Ferraris, Hyund....sorry XK8's and a vast cross section of other 'exotica' but the 8 held its own and was in demand more than many others. If anyone fancies joining just go to http://www.sportingbears.org.uk . These guys raise a massive amount for kids in the UK and to be honest its a great club with no pretentious types.

Also there was a 97 840 Sport Ind with 2400 miles on the clock from new at £29950.00! As if....

Hi all
    Car has been perfect since purchased but went out this morning and lo and behold it wont start. I know it could be all manner of things but with the rain lashing down around me I wasnt going to spend 3 hours getting drenched. Enging turns over no problem but just doesnt want to fire. No fuel smells either in bay or exhaust. Called the RAC out [why bother] and all he said was take it to a dealer!Thats what you pay for by the way!
    Just wondered if it might be something simple...Yes there is fuel!
    Cheers
    Steve

Hi

No idea on the fornt section but the rear is also found in UK on all Sport models ...840.
    Might be easier to go for the Sport front end also but from what I recall new they are approaching $2000.00 from stealers.
    Do pop up on Ebay from time to time. In fact there was a complete front end on there a couple of weeks ago.

Emotive subject this one! I did the same. Found a 98 840 Sport in Avus. made all of the errors that I really shouldn't have done. Saw it in the rain and decided the bodywork was pretty well immaculate. It was in London so couldnt really be bothered to take it for a 'spin'. What wouldve been the point after all? Sitting in stationary traffic for 20 mins would've proved nothing.
    Perfect drive home to Shropshire then as I always do [no creaking at this stage!] , gave the car a total polish. Found that one of the Alpina rims had a flat spot on it [£500.00] Decided to have the front end repainted as it had a few stone chips [ £900.00] Aircon wasn't working [£100.00] for new condenser and regas. Total overhaul of bushes etc due to creaking [ see Tall Tony and prev post £1300.00] and a service for peace of mind even though 3 lights were showing. Paid £13000.00 for the car so it owes me over £15000.00. But...I now know the car inside out and would I do anything different now? Never! Love it to bits . Just go for it...Whats the worst that could happen? Divorce...bankruptcy...or just sell the parts and you'll make more than the value as a whole.

May have missed a load of previous entries on the subject and apologies if I have! Just thought you might be interested to note that there is a 10 page article on the E31 in October edition of BMW Car magazine.
    They still sit on the fence re the E31 but rave about a Schnitzer 6 series coupe that looks rancid...C'est la vie