Beiträge von sandwich

Zitat von BBMatic;107231

I find it hard to believe you are slightly more than 4 times as old as the car Sang - you don't look a day over 57! :toothbrush:

Happy new year Chief!!

Cheeky young pup....Have a good one Burn

...and a million thanks to Reinhard and Revtor, for all the help and time given to this site. It is so reassuring to know that whatever becomes of our mistresses , that there is someone to keep us on the road.

All the best chaps and here's to a few meets in 2013?

Zitat von BBMatic;106448

Bit too early to say for sure, but I'm guessing the Shrewsbury factor (think: Deliverance) may be the reason Sangwich's ad attracted only two confused old ladies, a number of fantasists, several heavy breathers and a dog.

Cheeky pup....:toothbrush: Not sure of the relevance of the toothbrush smilie, but rather cute, don't you think?

Any joy yet Lloyd? I put mine on PH a couple of months ago and had no end of scam calls and a couple of no shows.
    Or offers at £5000 without even seeing the car. Pillocks

I've started many an esoteric thread in my time...remember the one about my instrument failure?!!

Anyway I've still got the 8, and must admit I do derive a great deal of pleasure from sitting in my garage and just staring at it. There I've admitted it!

At the moment I'm also using it on a day to day basis to ferry myself to work and back. It nestles nicely with it's younger MINI siblings in the main car park.

On a slightly separate note, the gaffer at work has just bid on a 2008 DB9 with 2000 miles on the clock...It was £119000 new and looks like he will pick it up for £45000. I thought we had depreciation problems but that was eye watering.

Hope youre both well ......Sweet dreams!

Look at these power figures for the MINI!!!!! Will be spending my evenings in Sainsburys car park with my elbow out of the window and a baseball cap on

Fuel type Diesel
    Output 90 hp (66 kW) @ 4,000 rpm
    Max. torque/revs 215 Nm @ 1,750-2,500 rpm
    Acceleration (0-62 mph) 11.4 s
    Top speed 114 mph
    Flexibility 50-75 mph (4th/5th gear) 9.5 / 11.8 s
    Fuel consumption (urban) 67.3 mpg
    Fuel consumption (extra-urban) 80.7 mpg
    Fuel consumption (combined) 74.3 mpg
    CO2 emissions 99 g/km
    Unladen weight (DIN/EU) 1,090 / 1,165 kg
    Max. permissible weight 1,540 kg
    Permitted roof load 75 kg
    Boot space (min.-max.) 160 - 680 litres
    Tank capacity 40 litres
    Dimensions LxBxH

Jeeez....A bit like 'Care in the community' here. Graham and Bern I'm really worried about you two.

On a separate note I'm picking up our new MINI tomorrow.Zero road tax, 3 years warranty, 5 years free servicing and 70mpg on a run.

I'm moist

Zitat von stevep840;105514

Decided to remove the listing from ebay!!, too many fookin plonkers on there:harhar: I've been inundated with nonsense;-).

I know the problem. You probably had the same bunch that I had:harhar:

Zitat von BBMatic;105541

Don't understand why BMW won't supply these type of parts pre-painted for an extra charge :roll:

Due to the fact that existing paint will have changed colour over the years so will never match. If ever we need to paint a door or wing at MINI we have to spray the complete side to get a perfect result...:itsme:

As an aside our SMART repair bods have over 30 different shades for each color so Dakar has 30 options....I am so interesting!

Zitat von stevep840;105365

I think Gerry has one;-)

Any joy with the car 'sale'?

I had the following

3 scam calls offering instant Paypal deposits.

A guy from Northern Ireland who claimed to live in Spain...You know the rest

3 calls offering £1500 less than asking price without seeing the car

3 calls last weekend saying they would be over to test drive etc. Needless to say didnt bother turning up and no calls to say they wouldnt be here

All in all a pretty miserable experience. However it means I've still got the car!

Zitat von reinhard;105387

As far as I can see the ashtray is still/again available - only the price... 114GBP plus taxes according to current exchange rate. :roll:
    Used to be half that which was not exactly cheap either.

Cheers
    Reinhard

Blimey. Could almost buy a whole car for that :harhar:

Can't for the life of me work out how to get the little bendy bit of cheap metal to go back in the ashtray unit. The large cover piece

Has anyone possibly got one hanging about in a dusty old box in the garage? If so please let me know price inc p&p

Cheers chaps

PS Is it shared with any other BMW models?