Beiträge von TallTony

Zitat von ukzero;104154

Welcome back Wayne.
    All we need now is Tony and it'll be a time warp moment :grin2:

Hehe, I keep a keen eye out for my old car on Flea-bay.... Keep ribbing wifey I'll buy it back one day now it's got new gearbox etc.... I do miss it, for all it's flaws.

Every credit Wayne for taking the plunge again !

Zitat von sandwich;98414

Sitting in car for hours on end with wifey...Downside to every trip

Hey she broke your pass airbag sensor by kneeling on it..... things can't have been that bad....... :grin2:

Glass roof ?? Now that'll be a challenge. I was always under the impression that the roof formed some kind of structural cage to help strengthen the whole car. One reason why cabriolets are so wooly and bendy, despite the boffins trying their best to redesign the chassis of these drop top versions.

My guess it's that it is impossible to do properly on an e31. There, I said it..... Hope that spurs you on, and look forward to seeing your progress/results !

Hello UKZero !

Amongst many other knocks and rattles I isolated, I found that one irritating noise/rattle came from the rear brake disc protective shrouds that fix between the discs and the arch.

After having new brake pads fitted, I was plagued with this noise everytime I drove over the slightest of bumps on urban roads (couldn't hear it at speed due to road/wind/engine noise). Turned out that they had been incorrectly refitted and although not loose, they just needed adjusting.

This might not be your problem, but thought I'd share it just in case !

Hi mate !

yes I do occasionally think of jumping back in to the fold, but then something else in the house just keeping pushing it back ! Still lurk in an out of this site every other day though and still find the posts fascinating.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to get another one, but I'm aware that all the e31s are not getting any younger !

Wonder if they'd let me through the gates on my motorbike at Gaydon on Sunday ???

looks like an XJ220 dont you think ? Which came first ?

Never even knew this car existed. I remember seeing a grainy B/W image of something similar on notice board in an alloy wheel shop years ago, but assumed it was a fibre glass bodykit on an e31. Now I know different !

I suspect that after the panning it receives in almost every area except looks (even that is touch and go seeing as thers's no csi bodykit) the prices will actually drop further.

Like Reinhard says it's not a fair comparision given the age of the two cars.

It would be interesting, but unlikely, to see it round the track though - they should use it as their Reasonably Priced Car :laugh:

Zitat von Argonaut;88282

Nice one Tony - you've transformed that bike.
    How's life in the After Eight club these days?

Hi Jason,

life's pretty good really all in all cheers. I do miss having a car but as you can see I've managed to direct my energies into something else to keep me happy...... gotta modify, gotta modify..... :laugh:

More of a lurker now on this site, but I do like to visit every week at least. Easy on mobile phones these days when you have quiet minute or so.

Looks like you've been busy on your car too mate. Very smart indeed :top:

far be for me to pass comment on anything involving LEDs or the like..... but it's almost certainly a step too far IMO :snooty:

Also, if you are really a rozzer then surely it's not such a good idea to say it's OK for you to 'get around' the stuff others get pulled for, and then bragg about it in public ?? I know the whole license plate regulations seem ridiculously draconian, but many members of 'the public' at least fail their MOT, and at worse get 3 points and a fine for their troubles with similar arrangements.....

If I got that wrong then sorry in advance.