Beiträge von IvanT

Hola,

Estoy intentando registrarme en 8er.es pero el formulario de registro no me va. En la pregunta aleatoria : Serie de nuestra carrocería?" Escribo 840ci, ¿es correcto? Además, no he sido referido por ningún miembro de 8er.es, es esto necesario?

Saludos

Ivan

Well, I'm selling my toy. Problem is, I use it very seldom, 300km's in last 5 or so years. It's parked in a friend's garage, and she's planning on moving to Barcelona, and will be renting out her house while away. The only other place for the car is parked on my street; not doing that, and the wife flatly refuses that we expend more money and hire a garage! Truth be told, it's not something I want to do either. Anyway, quick question, can you advertise for sale on this forum? Don't want to break any rules, it'll be the Spanish forum I'll be putting on if so. Sounds silly, but I'd love for it to go to a good home...

Thanks for the advice. Took the 8 for a really good drive before going for it's ITV (MOT) review. It not only passed, but the emissions came back as 0.0%!? Go figure. Maybe someone put a Tesla motor in it when I wasn't looking! It was a different station to the first one, I guess their machines aren't all calibrated to the same level?

Happy days anyway...

Cheers Timm,

I'll find somewhere that does emission tests, and give that a go to see if it works. At least the MAF is ok, I done the unplugging it while engine was running, and it just change tempo a bit, but didn't stall...

Cheers Again,

Ivan

Ok, so have found plenty stuff on here to be going on... The car hadn't been driven for a few months, started it up and went straight to the center, about 30 minutes away, car was then standing for an hour and a half not running before they actually done the test... Could that be the problem?

Hello All,

Took my car for its yearly ITV (MOT), and all ok except for emission test, it failed! I don't know if it's possible to get an idea of what is at fault by the reading, but here they are...

There is less than a 300km's on the car from last year to this year.

Last year CO Ralenti 0,02% Ralenti acel.: 0,01% - Lambda: 1,006
    This year CO Relenti 0,71% Ralenti acel.: 0,49% - Lambda: 1,009

Does this make any sense to anyone? I'm sure there's articles about emission issues on here somewhere so will be checking them out anyway, but if anyone can direct me to a good article about a process of ilimination to sort this out, that'd be helpful and appreciated.

Regards,

Ivan

Thanks all,

Put the three pin into the gear shift light socket as knew I needed that. The six pin, I just left, but all seems to working fine. Took the car for it's yearly, failed on emmissions, but that's a new post...

Cheers,

Ivan

Hello All,

My replacement aircon head-unit has now turned up, have cleaned it up and now ready to finally put my center-console back together. When I took it out, I was expecting a quick fix, and then straight back in, so I didn't label the plugs! Have now forgotten what was what!!!

The following plug I believe is not relevant to my console, but it seems very familiar, but cannot find anywhere for it to plug into?
    8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/39920/

The following plug appears to be just a light plug...

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/39921/

... and I assume plugs into the gear cluster to light up the gear shifter mechanism below?

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/39919/

However, that then leaves no plug to plug into the rear of the air-con panel (small plug above main one)!?!?!?

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/39918/

Can anyone advise?

Regards,

Ivan

Hello Revtor,

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, the UK unit was lost in transit! The Seller, BigSteve, did however insure the parcel and has therefore refunded me. I have sourced another unit here in Spain with working buttons and am awaiting delivery. The Gods will surely not let this one get lost! The repair that you mention I believe is a bit beyond me, and Guido of M8-Enzo advised me that donor button-pods are necessary as they cannot be fixed. I don't think I'd have attempted the fix anyway in case I damaged the unit further. I do not think I'll even put the LED bulbs in the replacement unit in case it was the fitting of that in the last unit that broke the button; I found the buttons when disassembling very hard to get off, and maybe broke something putting them back on. It's a pity because it was nice to have the dials properly illuminated.

Regards,

Ivan

Update... Guido says he can fix the aircon unit but needs a donor unit to transfer the air-con button cluster over, so if anyone knows of an old bust up unit that has the aircon button still working, please let me know...

Much appreciated,

Ivan

Hi Steve,

Thanks for response. Been away on holiday last couple of weeks. What you suggest is way above my skill level I'm afraid. Have bought another unit anyway. Yes, very strange about Guido, and no, didn't call him as it seemed a bit impertinent.

Ivan...

Cheers Timm, good to see you're still on here. I've bought the UK unit after all...

Steve, I initially contacted Guido in February, he got back to me mid March, and then went 'quiet'. Emailed him a further 4 times over the next couple of months, but to no avail!? The links you sent, I checked, but like you say nothing about dismantling the microswitch cradles. Maybe can't be done? Had a good look at it and other than using force (!) couldn't see how it possible comes apart.

Hello,

The aircon button on my head unit is not staying depressed when pressed in. Had some OBC work done previously by M8-Enzo, so contacted him; he said it was an easy fix, but I have been unable to contact him since, hope he's ok. As he said it was an easy fix, I thought I'd look at the unit myself. Have taken it apart, but now have got to a point and don't know how to continue! See attached photo, the plastic and metal cradle that the buttons sit in does not have any obvious signs of being able to be dismantled, any ideas, anyone done this, anyone know if I indeed have reached the end of what can be dismantled, is this a sealed unit???

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/39659/

Also, if I put a RHD unit in a LHD car, will it function correctly? I ask because I have noticed that on my unit, the center and driver-side wheels have little buttons so that the wheels click into the extreme rotations (see buttons on photo below), but not so with the passenger side wheel!? Not sure if this will affect RHD v LHD?

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/39660/

Thank You,

Ivan

Hi Angus,

It's more not staying depressed when pressed in. Tried the WD40 anyway, but to no avail! It's starting to get hot over here now, really need this fixing!!!

Regards,

Ivan

Hello All,

Had a fuel pump issue last summer, finally got the car back up and running in October after two and a bit years sitting in the garage! Forgot what a smooth ride the 8 is, and to boot, they resurfaced most the roads here in Benalmádena, so beautiful to drive on. Anyway all going well, but had a hot day and went to put the aircon on, and the button does not stay depressed! I contacted M8-Enzo who fixed by OBC awhile back, he got back to me after awhile saying he could fix the button, but then dropped off the radar? Have emailed him a couple of times more, but no response!? I hope nothing untoward has occurred! Lots of advertisements out there for people who say they can fix these things, but can anyone recommend someone that they know can be trusted, much appreciated.

Replacement Fuel Pump

Hello All,

So, I bought new batteries over the weekend. My new fuel pump, BOSCH 0 580 314 069, arrived Monday. Last night I thought I'd have the car up and running, but no! The strainer from the old Pierburg pump (19mm dia.) does not fit on the new Bosch pump inlet (12mm dia.)! Was tempted just to leave it off as the tank is very clean, and the original strainer has no debris stuck to it, but thought no. Might anyone know of a replacement strainer that would fit onto the new pump. I've had a look online for a strainer, and there are many of them out there, but none that I've seen actually give the diameter of the nozzle that fits onto the pump inlet? Also, a bit concerned that the smaller diameter inlet of the Bosch pump is going to impede the volume of petrol that will flow through it? Any ideas?

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/37078/

Hello Steve/Danilo,

Thanks for the advice. I do not have a root problem with the charging of the car though. The new batteries are dead because of my inattention! I thought that the car was flooded, so tried Timm's method of starting a flooded M60, which puts a bit of a strain on the batteries. I then went away on holiday so put the batteries on charge. Unfortunately, I had the ignition switched to position 2, so I assume the car was using more power than the Ctek was pumping into the batteries. Two weeks! The old batteries are in fairly decent condition considering the car has been garaged for nearly 3 years, but decided to get new batteries as they were 8+ years old. If the regenerator doesn't work on the new ones that I 'destroyed', I'll just have to get new batteries. Turns out the fuel pump had seized! At the moment, still awaiting some advice on my burnt-out fuel pump wire; I posted a query on Bimmerforums, but haven't had any response so far, will check again today. Didn't post it on here as I assumed who's looking here, will be looking there also???