Beiträge von Bernhard J

Hi Graham,

I would recommend sticking to E5 (which in Germany may comtain no EtOH at all), because the rubber material originally used (and still distributed by BMW) for hoses was NBR, which is not very resistant against EtOH. Thus, modern fule hoses consist of 2 rubber layers (aside the reinforcement layer), the inner layer made of FKM ("Viton"). Frequent use of E10 may result in the need to replace NBR fuel hoses about every 10 years.

Cheers, Bernhard

Wir sind mittlerweile wieder vom Treffen zu Hause angekommen, der 8er ist selbstverständlich sogleich geputzt worden, einschließlich der etwas mühsam zu reinigenden 16 Zoll Kreuzspeichenfelgen, und jetzt steht er wieder einträchtig neben seinem noch etwas dunkler blauen "Kollegen".

DSC_0035.JPG

Es war unser erstes Treffen mit dem 8er und insofern auch ein besonderes Erlebnis, weil wir bei anderen Treffen (anderer Clubs) immer eine Vielzahl von Fahrzeugen derselben Marke, aber verschiedenster Typen zu sehen bekommen haben. Hier aber jetzt mehr als 20 Autos vom gleichen Typ, die sich nur in den Farben und Ausführungen unterschieden. Die sich darauf ergebenden "Ansammlungen", insbesondere in den Fotoaufstellungen, waren schon ein ganz besonderer und eindrucksvoller Anblick. Wobei, vielleicht könnte man das noch leicht toppen, mehrere Teilnehmerinnen hatten nämlich die Idee, die Fahrzeuge nach Farben sortiert aufzustellen, sozusagen ein Spektralbild aus 8ern. Das wäre bestimmt lustig, zumal dann nicht nur das Ausrichten eine Herausforderung wäre, sondern auch noch das Sortieren nach Farben. Könnte aber etwas länger dauern.

Wir haben viel verschiedene, aber allesamt sympathische Menschen kennengelernt und auch mitunter Erstaunliches lernen können, beispielsweise wie man eine riesige sabbernde Dogge in einem 8er unterbringen kann, zumal mit zwei menschlichen Wesen dazu. Die Problemlösung wäre allerdings eher nichts für uns, die Diskussionen mit Christiane, weil sie wegen eines Hundes in eine Sitzmulde hinten verbannt würde, möchte ich mir nicht vorstellen.

Ich gestehe, es hat mir auch Freude gemacht, einen E24 Alpina zu sehen, auch wenn es ein "Fremdtyp" war. In "freier Natur" habe ich so ein Fahrzeug noch nie gesehen.

Wir haben nicht nur tolle Schlösser gesehen, sondern speziell mir hat es großen Spass gemacht mal wieder befreit von Verkehrsregeln auf einem Rundkurs fahren zu können, auch wenn es "nur" Karts waren. Die verschiedenen Führungen waren mindestens interessant, meist sogar spannend, beispielsweise mit Anekdoten zur Historie des Sachsenrings, oder über die Geschichte des maschinellen Webstuhls.

Unseren herzlichen Dank an Horst und sein Organisationsteam, die alles perfekt vorbereitet haben und auch mit "Pannen" gut umzugehen wußten, wenn beispielsweise Döspaddel, wie wir, vergessen hatten unsere Speisewünsche rechtzeitig anzumelden. Glücklicherweise waren wir aber nicht die Einzigen, so dass wir insofern glücklicherweise nicht allzu verhaltensauffällig geworden sind. Für gutes Wetter hatten die Organisatoren auch gesorgt, so dass die genußvollen Fahrten durch das schöne Erzgebirge nicht getrübt wurden. Für Spannung war ebenfalls gesorgt, nämlich wenn die Umleitung in der Umleitung in der Umleitung die navigierende Beifahrerin leicht verwirrte, das Navi davon nichts wußte. Dann kamen mitunter leichte Befürchtungen auf, nicht rechtzeitig zum Essen zu kommen und womöglich verhungern zu müssen. Wobei, das wäre vielleicht auch nicht ganz so dramatisch gewesen, denn jedenfalls ich werde mich in den nächsten Tagen lieber nicht auf die Waage stellen. Toll auch, wie die gastronomischen Betriebe unsere große Gruppe mitunter a la Carte bestens verköstigten.

Lange Rede, kurzer Sinn, toll wars, besten Dank von uns und auf das Nächstemal!

Bernhard & Christiane

Schlimmer noch, der Ferrari Roma wird in vielen Funktionen über ein "Tablett" bedient. Und wer den Fehler macht einen Abstandstempomaten zu ordern, der wird mit gelegentlichen unmotivierten (= unnötigen) Starkbremsungen "erfreut". Läßt sich angeblich auch nicht abschalten (hoffentlich eine Fehlinformation) ...

Nee, bei den modernen Kisten finde ich kaum ein Vehikel, das ich auch nur erwägen würde zu kaufen. Das Design des 8er ist einfach zeitlos schön. Von der kaum zu übertreffenden Ergonomie ganz zu schweigen.

Beste Grüsse, Bernhard

Ich would love to see the car like this in a new "Cars" film ... :laugh:.

It looks kind, happy and absent of any kind of aggresivity. The perfect "good guy" in such kind of film. :grin2:

Hi, at least in Germany this stuff still appears to be available, part no. 83120410745. https://www.leebmann24.de/bmw-…-frostschutz-1-liter.html .

Your dealer simply needed to present a solution to the problem and this recommendation apparently is a very simple solution.

I personally have a kind of prejudice against any intensive washer fuid coming into contact with paint under conditions, wherein the fluid is not instantly diluted or washed off by rain, etc. I never (neither in my first 850 long ago, nor in my present one) used this intensive washer fluid, but used normal washer fluid in both reservoirs instead.

Cheers, Bernhard

Zitat von revtor;152756

... I don't think there's much magic in it.

Presumably just as effective like snake oil in the gearbox :grin2:

Hi Graham,

I myself did not yet have the need to replace the idler arm, but would be surprised if nobody here had to do that in the past. Perhaps such person will chime in during the holidays, when we are all sitting at home being bored or fiddling around in the garage :laugh:.

Cheers, Bernhard

P.S.: Maybe a nice beer will help to cope better with the shaky video :laugh:

Zitat von Johannes;152570

Ach komm Bernhard, so ein frisch revidierter Motor hat mal Auslauf verdient.
    Du brauchst doch Langzeiterfahrung zu deiner Inspektion - ob auch alles schön dicht bleibt :rofl:

Na ja, revidieren ist wohl was anderes als einmal durchwarten und dabei Verschleißteile auf Verdacht zu erneuern :laugh:

Du wirst lachen, bin schon rund 1.500 km danach gefahren, wenn auch nicht am Stück, und es ..... ist .... alles .... dicht ............... bislang.:laugh:

8er Germany Meeting 2021. Exclusive date from 11. -15.08.2021

Experience Erzgebirge-Discoveries in the World Heritage Region and at the Sachsenring-... to say it right away: On this trip everything is different. We discover with the 8er a region in which there are many traditions and customs. Who knows the Neinerla, Reichermännel, Hutznoambdn, Pferdegöpel, Mettenschichten and Schwibböchn? Here is also the region of the mountain parades, which thrilled every Advent weekend thousands of visitors and arisen from the underground silver mining. That is why the Saxon Silver Road runs through here.

However, we focus more on the time after the industrial revolution, when modernization and speed were the order of the day, when cars and motorcycles were developed in addition to machines for the textile industry.

Day 1, Wednesday, August 11, 2021: Individual arrival from 3:00 p.m. Check-in at the Penta Hotel, which is located not far from the Chemnitz Küchwaldpark. 7:00 p.m. come together in the hotel restaurant with dinner and time for questions. Finally, at the hotel bar.

Day 2, Thursday, 12.08.2021: Breakfast at the hotel. Drive to Hohenstein-Ernstthal, the birthplace of Karl May and part of the historic track of the legendary Sachsenring. Visit to the textile and racing museum there. Founded in 1927, the Sachsenring is the region's annual sporting event, hosting the German Motorcycle Grand Prix. Along a chronological race track from the first Badberg quadrangular race in 1927, the European Grand Prix in the 1930s, the world championship period from 1961 to 1972, the end of the old race track in 1990 and the new start of the MotoGP at the Sachsenring in 1998, you can explore the historical development of the Sachsenring. Further it goes, across a part of the historical Sachsenring, to the north to take then at the today's racing course of the Sachsenring. Small snack on the area of the Sachsenring. Introduction and entertaining information to the history of the legendary Sachsenring. In the afternoon the best kart driver is sought on the indoor kart circuit of the Sachsening. A "biergarten" invites to a cool drink and to the joint dinner (excl.). Return journey to the hotel. Nice get-together at the hotel bar.

Day 3, Friday, 13.08.2021: Breakfast at the hotel. Start to a great Erzgebirge round trip. Around Schwarzenberg, the pearl of the Erzgebirge and for a short period of time "Free Republic of Schwarzenberg", further to Oberwiesental with ascent to the Fichtelberg, the highest mountain in Saxony and part of the important winter sports center. Here is time to enjoy the great view. Who likes, can look at the steam-operated Fichtelbergbahn in the resort Oberwiesenthal. Meeting for coffee with Jens Weissflog, the current hotelier and the most successful German ski jumper (among others, Olympic gold medal in 1984 in Sarajevo / normal hill and 1994 in Lillehammer / large hill and 1985 and 1989 world championship gold), return trip via Annaberg-Buchholz with stopover at the famous St. Annenkirch and visit and final organ concert therein. Seat reservation for dinner together next door in a nice restaurant. Return to the hotel and end of the day in a nice round at the hotel bar.

Day 4, Saturday, 14.08.2021: Breakfast at the hotel. Drive to Zschopau, Wildeck Castle. Here visit of the motorcycle museum, Zschopau, the cradle of DKW motorcycle manufacturing. Currently, 58 motorcycles from eight decades, things of everyday life of a DKW worker and parts of the Zschopauer DKW contract workshop are shown. Continue to the castle Augustusburg with a guided tour and time to visit the various exhibitions. For example, the motorcycle museum is one of the most important and extensive collections of two-wheelers in Europe. On an exhibition area of 1200 m², the technical development of the motorcycle from 1885 to the present day is impressively presented with 175 exhibits. Worldwide unique is the museum presentation of the historical development of the Zschopau motorcycle companies DKW, Auto Union and MZ. Possibility for lunch at Augustusburg Castle is secured and there is time for photos from every perspective, because we are allowed to stand directly on the castle courtyard. Return to the hotel and dinner together in the hotel (excl.). End of the day at the hotel bar.

Day 5, Sunday, 15.08.2021: Relaxed breakfast and check out at the hotel, joint drive with the cars to the castle Klaffenbach and line up for the photo shoot, possibility for lunch in the beautiful ambience, farewell and journey home.

Inclusive services: 4 x overnight stay / breakfast buffet in the pentahotel Chemnitz Vianova, greeting in the room, 1 x dinner in the hotel on Wednesday, the other evenings á la carte (seats are always reserved). Visit to the textile and racing museum Hohenstein-Ernstthal incl. guided tour. Introduction to the history of the Sachsenring on/at the racetrack. Snack at the Sachsenring. In the afternoon kart event on the indoor kart track on the Sachsenring. Tour through the Erzgebirge with recommendations to worthwhile stops (e.g Schwarzenberg). Stop for "Kaffeeklatsch with Jens Weissflog" in his hotel in the health resort Oberwiesenthal. Visit to the gothic St. Annenkirche in Annaberg-Buchholz with guided tour & organ concert. Guided tour "Motorrad(t)räume auf Schloss Wildeck". Visit to Schloss Augustusburg incl. guided tour. Photostops on request & opportunity. Each participant receives a T-shirt and Roadbook. Travel price insurance certificate.

Our hotel: A unique design aesthetic meets an excellent location -207 rooms and 19 suites are spread over six floors and the location on the Schlossberg offers a view of the old core city, pure relaxation guaranteed. This view may make one's mind wander into the past, but Penta redefines the hotel experience in an ultra-modern way -always with the credo: friendly conversation and helpfulness will enhance your stay with us.

August 11-15, 2021 (Wednesday-Sunday) Per person in double room / standard category EURO 449,--; single room surcharge per night EURO 35,--. Suite surcharge per room / night. EURO 20,--; suite surcharge, for single use EURO 45,-

August 12-15, 2021 (Thursday -Sunday) Per person in double room / classic category EURO 369,--.

August 13-15, 2021 (Friday-Sunday) Per person in a double room / classic category EURO 249,--

Hotel's own underground parking 11,-Euro / day.

We look forward to your participation!

P.S. I reserve the right to make changes in the schedule, sorry! Minimum number of participants 30 persons

Zitat von huldra66;152316

Open for foreigner's ? :driver:

from the little German I understand this looks interesting :top:

Although I am not responsible for the organization, I am quite sure that participants from abroad are most welcome!

For translation try https://www.deepl.com/translator . It is by far superior over e.g. google translations.

Cheers, Bernhard

Edit: I did a translation therewith and revised it a little bit, see below!

I just wonder about the repairs done, among others the brake rotors were replaced. This would seem strange to me with a 9k miles car, except if the car had been standing in water. At least this would be something I would inquire about.

Aside this, how well established is an alleged sale at BAT? Might it be that some guys had "bidding fun", but will for sure not pay anything?

Cheers, Bernhard

Zitat von Danilo;151947

As far as I can translate, he said: nice car!

I failed as well, in the attempt to have it translated to German :laugh:.

So many words in an unknown language, translating to the two words "nice car" only? Seems to be a quite ineffective language .... :laugh:

P.S.: Most Bavarian beers are not strong enough to create strange languages, similar to most British beers, the latter additionally missing a significant head on the beer .... :ahhhhh:

Perhaps the wrong strategy of the seller. A sportscar dealer friend of mine sometime does it the other way around. A car initially offered at a moderate and very competitive price is raised significantly in price, if it does not sell fast. Interestingly, as he says, the interest is often higher if a car is then priced above average. And actually also sold at nearly the higher price, in any case above the original price. :laugh:

Cheers, Bernhard