Beiträge von earl198

I got a reply from camerons regarding the B12.

Hi Stuart,

The last six digits of the Alpina B12 chassis number are B57526.

All right hand drive 850 B12 Alpina's (5/6 produced) were built at Sytner Nottingham and I have all the supporting paperwork. Only left hand drive models were converted at the Alpina factory.

Please feel free to call me on 01225 892244 should you want to discuss this car in more detail.

In the mean time many thanks for your inquiry.
    Ian Cameron

Car still off the road, car sat at the dealer all day then they tell me "we ordered the wrong shock absorber", I suspect they ordered a non EDC one. I was pushing them to change both sides but they wont wear it because the car has such low mileage. The bad news is it will be at least a week as the part needed is on back order from Germany.

Stuart

I have the car booked in tomorrow at the dealer, I let the service foreman see the picture and he was sure it would be covered, (just as well as the car has Electronic Dampers) although he did ask me if i had whacked into anything. I will let you know the outcome.

Stuart

I sold my 8 a few years back and replaced it with current shape M3. It is drives well, has reasonable mpg and makes a great noise, as far as looks go the 8 wins hands down.(to be honest i really miss it) I have a friend that had a DB9 and had horrendous bother with it, silly problems like fuel filler cap would not open and central locking that never worked, not to mention the mechanical issues. The aftercare at aston was terrible. I just could not get my head round buying a car like that and it had a Ford key.

Stuart

I have had a knocking noise on my M3 E90 that has been driving me nuts, got the car up on the jack today to my horror found this crack going right through the bottom of the O/S/R shock absorber (sorry for bad pic only had phone with me in the garage) Car is 58 plate with 16,000 miles. I have extened BMW warranty just hope this is covered.

Stuart

Really quite a simple job. From memory, remove the small seat pocket on the front of the seat (2 screws) then extend the front seat squab and remove the 2 screws on the underside, then basically seperate the foam and leather from the seat base lifting from the front where the squab has been removed. Its held on by glue and small copper rings. pull it all back far enough to remove the sensor mat, it has a small cable and plug on it. I used copydex glue to restick the leather and foam, it is an impact adhesive which was good enabling the leather to be stretched back on to the foam, it worked without any problems.

Stuart

I made a blunder getting the dealer to sort mine,thinking surely the main dealer would do a decent job. I was told like you it was an involved job and the seat had to be removed. I got the car back and it looked like an elephant had been sitting on the seat, (it had lost its shape) when i complained i was told the seat must have been like that. I ended up removing the leather and foam from the seat to discover they had never removed the seat and had siliconed the foam and leather after stuffing new mat in. Just a total mess. I ended up repositioning the mat and doing the job myself, it was not difficult, just a bit of time and care.

The most likely cause is the sensor mat on the passenger seat. A new mat will cost around £100 from the dealer, and I suggest you fit it yourself as the dealers will not put the seat cushion and leather back together properly. The job can be done with the seat in place I bought some new copper clips from the dealer and used some fabric glue to reattach the leather.

Stuart

I cant remember the exact price it went for, but it was more than £160. I got an e-mail from someone after the auction had ended telling me how well i had done, as i got more for it than i would have been for a new aftermarket one.

Stuart

I have the airbag light on; I am convinced the problem is lying within the passenger seat. I can reset the light and it is ok for a while until the seat is moved. I have checked the obvious (bad connections under the seat and can't find anything). Has anyone replaced the seat sensor mat, if so where is it? In the base of the seat or in the back? Any clues would be much appreciated.

Stuart