Beiträge von allenca

Hi to all

I am experincing a fault with my rear axle, every couple of weeks a fault message appears"R/AXLE FAILSAFEPROG"
    Each time i have taken to BMW and they cure it for a couple of weeks, then it goes again.
    The work recently undertook by BMW was as follows:
    Repalce diff oil seals due to leakage
    Replace propshaft seal diff end due to more oil leaks
    replace gasket on diff due to leaks
    Now they are saying that the servotronic drive to the rear axle may be at fault or it could be the controller or just a loose wire, and to check this they will need the car for a couple of days.(that i dont mind)
    In the mean time they have disabled the rear axle by removing relays.
    But in the mean time i would like to know the following:
    Is there a simple test to elimate the part at fault?
    Does running the car with out rear axle active cause any problems?
    And can some one explain the operation as i understood it was only active over 40 Kms per hour, as BMW tell me it works in the opposite way at low speeds?

Hi to all

Can any one assist me in the installation of my sat Nav into my 1974 850 CSI?

I have a pioneer AV1C-X1 DVD navigation head unit with hide away unit, that i wish to install.
    I have spoken to local BMW dealer and they have no experience of retro fitting this type of equpment, and the local experts are asking £600 pounds (estimated) as they say they have to rewire the speakers!!!!!
    I originally fitted it to my Vectra so i have some understanding, but as the 850CSI is new to me, i was hoping that some one had under taken the same project and could tell me what areas i need to take in, or any special parts i may need before i start stripping out my old unit.
    Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Allen

Hi to all
    I have problems selecting second gear, sometimes it goes straight in and sometimes its murder.
    I believe it may be a main shaft bearing or gear failure as i have a rumbling from the gear box only when the gear box is hot after several miles of travel, but disappears when clutch pedal is depressed.
    A new clutch and thrust bearing were fitted when the crank seal was replaced by BMW and they said they could find nothing wrong with the gearbox.
    Refilling with correct transmission oil has made no difference at all, and there is no concernable difference with gear engagement between hot or cold running.
    Could it be a sloppy gear lever and if so how do you tighten it up?

Thanks in advance

Allen

Hi to all
    My screen washer rear bottle has packed up, i am going to tackle myself, but just want to understand the operating principle first.
    I saw the other thread and tried the BMW recomendation but this did not work, so i can only guess the pump or low level sensor are at fault.
    1) Is the rear bottle pump attached to the rear bottle behind the rear valance?
    2) How easy is it to get to, and will special tools be needed?
    3) Are the low level and high level fill switches attached to engine compartment bottle?
    Thanks in advance.

Hi every one.
    Just recently purchased 1994 850 CSi 76,000 miles it has a few problems, but i can live with that.
    However BMW recently sorted a problem with rear axle fault and now i am left with a rubbing noise turning corners at low speed in both directions including reverse.
    They say that it was due to them not flushing the diff when they undertook the repairs and that the diff is tight through muck in the oil and it will eventually disappear or may not.
    Does that sound right to you guys? or are they fobbing me off.
    Your comments and advice will be appreciated, i am not adverse to tackling repairs myself except electrics so any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks