Beiträge von zm850i

E - economy (every day use)
    M - manual, will not change gear ( used for towing and when you want to stay in say 2'nd gear)
    S - sports mode (shifts gears latter, in higher rpm) also uses more fuel.

S mode is awesome

Ok if i get this right

smanaces you will have to take the plastic cover off unde the steering wheel and do the adjusting to see which joint squeaks

bimmerman:
    i think your case is much simpler, and its what Simon Overend explained.
    The steering wheel is attached to the steering column by only one bolt (i think its 15mm) but has a copper contact all around it for the horn. This is what squeaks. Your car is fairly new and you maybe be able to getaway with just greasing it.
    I just replaced my old looking, worn steering with a brand new one of exactly the same. This is a easy 10 min job. My new wheel was squeaking a little. Had a look at the old one and it had some kind of red'ish grease on it all around this copper circle. I used my finger to get some grease of the old wheel and put on the new one. Now, new would've been ideal with the new wheel but you only need a little bit.
    Do not be afraid to attempt this job your self, or you can go to BMW and they will do it for you wile waiting.

[/quote]

hi razman and congratulations on your fine choice of automobile

I also think its your fuel. Fuel filters hopefully.

But if you want to check the fuel pump take the rear seat out (right side)
    and there you will find the fuel pump. Turn the ignition on and see if its actually pumping fuel (make sure you have a way of catching the escaping fuel).

If it is then check the fuel filters. Those are located underneath the car right under the seat, just follow the fuel lines from the pump.

Just got back from my one month holyday in Europe, walked straight up to the car and started it, without thinking to check liquid levels first. My main concern was the batteries, have they lasted a month as they were not disconnected.
    The car started ok, run it for 2 min and switched it off. Noticed some smoke coming from the engine. The upper water hose had a little split on it and was leaking coolant onto the engine block.

Now, looks like the coolant level is low enough to just replace the upper hose without draining the engine first.

Is this possible or am i dreaming?

The radiator doesn't need flushing as it looks pretty clean, with no signs of dirt, rust or oil mixed with the coolant.

If i have to change the coolant and take the fan off i may replace all the belts too wile i'm at it.

any suggestions recommendation are welcome.

Yous are getting me jealous.

Is it possible for me to attend this meeting without my 8?
    Thinking about flying to Sydney for this event, it will probably be the closest to an 8-fest I’ll ever get to, being 3000km away from the closest city.

Anyone else here from Perth?

Zoran

Careful with the interior, the 840 and 850ci is different to the early pre 93 850's. It has been done but you will need to modify the wiring for the passenger seat, and also you will need to weld the brackets for the rear seats are completely different.

The wheels, no problem. I run on BBS 18x8.5 ET15 and 18x10 ET25 with 245x40 front and 285x35 rear with 40mm lower springs and not rubbing at all. I could even go 19" with no problem.

Congratulations on your excellent choice.

Ron, glad i could help, and im glad that the power loss is now fixed on your 850. And i have to agree with you, best thing about our cars is the support that they get here.

Your car should be a monster now with no cats. You should have more then 25% more power now, and even up to 40% for a well designed 55mm pipes. Now that is a massive power increase.
    Also, it will use much more fuel now with no cats.

Let us know how it goes ones you get it back from the shop.

go 850. all the way
    I have never driven a 840 so i can not comment on that, and im sure they are not too far behind the power of the V12,
    but my 1990 850i drives like a jet plane for the road. I live 2 min from the highway, and going from my house to the highway entry fells like i'm taxing for takeoff. BMW has even included that bong sound, mine set to come on at 200km/h, to complete the takeoff stage.

:lol::D:lol: