Beiträge von ///M Turbo

Zitat von TallTony

Hi ///M, it's not that I dont like them, it's just that some people dont like hard suspension. The car handles a lot better with them, and you 'feel' the road better than before. Maybe I just notice it more since I changed the 17" wheels to 19s at the same time as replacing the worn out stock shocks too, doubling up any difference in 'bump feel' :D

When off the car, the old shocks could be compressed with hardly any effort by hand, whilst it was impossible to compress the Bilsteins by hand... and I dont consider myself a weakling !!

Next up, camber plates and CSi sway bars (F&R)..... another 'double mod' :D

Hi TT! we all have different taste so it's hard to choose for someone else, The set up i mentioned works good for me, When you do your other upgrades mentioned, Dont forget to ad some rear shock Tower plates for the rear, They will save you a small fortune if it breaks without them!

My Bilsteins don't feel to stiff? I cut a complete coil off of the front H&R's to lower the car even more and it rides better than my porche! Maybe it's your "Sport springs". I try but i cannot find anything wrong with Bilsteins for beamers. Did you install CSi Bump stops?

It's a good chance to bet that your car is in great condition and been sitting for all this time, It may have been only subjected to a brief search and nothing found, Probably just held afterwards to see if you will give up on it, Which I consider that to be Badge abuse! Hopefully all is well and just a ripped door card at the most, Anywoo! Good luck when you go and see it and please keep us posted.

The best rear springs for your car "In My opinion and several others" are standard equipment CSi Springs! I've tried several and the CSi rears are the Siffest which helps the steering big time! The H&R's are very nice but too soft in the rear, As a matter of fact there softer than stock 850i springs, The H&R fronts are awesome! I've tried H&R, PI, AC Schnitzer, Eibach, G-Power and Intraxx! Eibach is a awesome set up for the 8 also with Bilsteins, H&R's up front and CSi's in the rear are a well balanced and exceptional experience.

Marv,

I'm guilty of that! :cry: I want give it a second look if certain parts don't add up! I need to get over that.

I installed Rockford Fosgate power series components front and rear! 6 1/2 in the Kick panels and 6x8 in the rear, Both sets come with 1 inch tweeters and all speakers are 100 watt RMS and 200 Watts max, I also run Fosgate amps with a Alpine IVA-900 7'screen/DVD/Nav/MP3/CD/Rear view camera/60GB HD and Era-G320 sound processor, It's a unblievable set up.

Faisal mentioned before that some good fuses still cause problems, This brings on lots of new trouble shooting for me, Good job on fixing it and thanks for updating the procedure.