Beiträge von rob850uk

Supposed to be dirt in the connections from what Ive read.
    I cant believe that information costing 1 euro is going to sort something out that us 8 series owners have been cursed with for so long.

I'll take the plunge and see what its all about and let the forum know.

Also saw this on the German Ebay site, its for info only (no parts to fix) and I'll take a bet its the instructions to strip the OBC down and clean the dust out of it.
    We have access to that info anyway.

Thats pretty much what I'm after is more midrange go rather than 70mph cruising with less than 2k on the rev counter.
    Gearing is really tall on these V12 cars, all to do with fuel economy I guess.

Might get the car chipped but I can see the diff swap being first on the list.

Thanks for all the reply's

Hmmmm, Ive got an E34 M5 slippy diff in my other halfs 535i manaul. Maybe I should whip that out and put it in the 850.
    Am I right in thinking that changing the diff's rear cover is all that i need to do to fit it?

Would the chip's actually make a difference on UK non cat 91 850i auto then???

Has anyone successfully chipped their 850i auto?

Ive read that some tuners can get 30+ hp from an otherwise stock car by fitting Dinan/Conforti/Superchips ECU chips but has anyone actually done it?
    Ive got my '91 100k 850i auto and wonder if theres any potential locked up in the engine that maybe I can tap into.
    Any ideas?

Sounds like a duff seat switch to me.
    You can strip the switch BUT it tends to go PING and shower little springs everywhere.
    I replaced my passenger seat switch with a spare from an E32 and it sorted the problem out in one go.

Thanks for all your help on this one. I had a rummage around in the passenger (right hand drive car) footwell behind the speaker grill (because thats where BMW fitted it on my old E32 750iL) and the loom actually has the two three pin plugs for the servotronic unit. I have a couple of spares so I plugged it in but no change.
    Maybe the loom has the provision for servotronic steering but the steering box is just a standard unit. Not sure.

Anyone know where the fuses are for the Servotronic electrics, I know one is under the bonnet in the fuse box but are there any others tucked away?

I had an '89 750il last year and that did have sensotronic but my '91 850i doesnt seem to have it plus I have a smaller alpina momo wheel which makes it a bit heavier.
    Just wondered if it was ever an option or mine is just busted!!

Thanks for the prompt reply. :lol:

Just a quick question, does the the 850i have the variable sensotronic power steering system(very light at parking speeds and gets heavier the faster you go) that the E32 750i has or is it just a set system?

Thanks

:lol:

The reason I wanted to check/clean the terminals on my LKM was because I keep getting "DIP BEAM FAILURE" when the dip beam is fine.
    Checked the LKM and it seems ok.
    I think its after market bulbs again!

I want clean the terminals on my LKM ('91 850i) and I can get to the three computers in the rack under the glove box but cant seem to unplug them.
    I could also do with knowing which module is the lKM as I dont want to unplug anything other than the LKM.

Any ideas??? :lol:

Ive got an '91 850i and its got a clunk from the back end. During normal driving its not noticable but once the auto box is in 4th and the torque converter has locked if you lift off the throttle then re apply it then theres a definite clunk from the rear end.
    Does this sound like prop shaft or are there some bushes where the diff mounts to the rear end?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated :D