Beiträge von gofastermaster

You,ve got me thinking now , I could be an EBAY millionaire ,this time next year, Rodders
    Hummm ,so its got to be Shiney-the magpie appeal , lit up (LED s are cheap) -the Blackpool Appeal , Of no practical use ,but could be considered of some use by others- The tech appeal , Cheap £2.99 or less-the budget minded appeal (recession looms), Aerodynamic ,as no one understands Aerodynamics- The one-uppmanship appeal, It must stand out from the rest of the car-the Pikey caravan appeal , Made in China -The imported goods appeal-
    Supplied in limited numbers ,or so the blurb goes,number one seller in Japan (they know a good thing when they see it) as used by (insert famous person) endorsements work, hmmm David Beckham hes got a wide fan base ,and Ive got a mate called David (no legal comebacks)
    What else am I missing? Retro appeal ,I will call it something with the prefix "CLASSIC "
    So. I am looking for people on here with the following expertise
    LEGAL,MARKETING,ADVERTISING,MANUFACTURING,ACCOUNTS,TAX AVOIDANCE,and any pull with Bugatti for a Veyron
    letters after name prefered......,

good luck with your s/c install - are they twin screw compressors?
    something to consider--- what are you doing with the output air when the throttle is closed? -recirculating the air or dumping to atmosphere?
    if recirculation then the temp will rise very rapidly and the ecu will have to richen for throttle opening for a short period.
    A tip; twinscrew s/c are very sensitive to the intake ducts.both diameters and lengths it can make 100bhp difference with everything the same ,do not allow a vacuum to exist they get less efficient and work against themselves.

likewise I do around 900 miles a week 90% motorway 80+ (av67mph) but I only get 21-22mpg , I do have the odd spurt, cameras and police cars willing to a very high speed.
    car is de-cat and chipped

one thing is clear, this car is like Marmite... you either love it or hate it! :D

I think cars have a natural ratio of relative lengths -much like people ,and if the car is within the ratio ie bonnet to roof length -width to height ratio then they look good -and this one complies
    modern cars tend to be made for females ,who we all know cant drive -they can,t judge the distance to the front of the car - so the bonnets are made shorter and drop away quickly ,too allow a better view for parking and combined with a high seat position and roofline ,with windscreen at a high angle - functionally very good ,but look rubbish ie ford KA
    THE KONIG -at least isnt covered in bonnet scoops and vents ,roof spoilers,flip paint,and blue lights underneath :lol:

Are we looking at the same car?- to me it is only a bit wider than stock ,still following the original waisted design ,but with a couple of brake cooling duct intakes and a rear spoiler blended in - nothing radical like some of the kids "custom" jobs
    IF the car came from factory like that how many would not buy the car?-perhaps the rear spoiler is a bit large and ungainly ,but look at other rear spoilers even the bugatti!!!
    IMHO -There are but a handfull of cars that are so perfect that any alteration simply looks crap -they include the e-type jag,ac cobra,early corvette,and a few others with perfect curved lines - the 8 series IS an angular design with a square theme -lights and edges, and tapers ,it needs more curves as this pleases the eye -something to do with tits and arse I think :D
    The Germans dont seem to quite get the curve thing perhaps the gull wing merc is the exception that proves the rule
    JAG VERSUS MERC -style in one -lego in the other!!

I do like that!! not too OTT !!
    having spent years doing Jaguar restoration. and seen how anal the "experts" get - "oh that type of belt didnt come in ,till 1964" comments I now love to be different from the crowd
    thats a car that needs twin tubbies

straight after fitting you could smell the overfuelling out the back of the exhaust , great sound,and performance but caused rich running- hence had to change plugs as they would soon be black as your hat!!

compensators fit between exhaust and 02 sensor to slightly alter the o2 sensor signal which was in error due the exhaust being so different from stock and no cats fitted-causing the rich running

After fitting a custom exhaust on my 850 I found that it ran a bit on the rich side (no cats fitted)
    I solved the rich issue with a adaptor /compensator fitted
    At the same time I fitted Iridium plugs - despite some reports of they dont work or have issues -to date I have had no problems and got slightly better fuel consumption
    Given the PITA to replace the plugs I think it prudent to go with the Iridiums , 20000 miles later I pulled the plugs and no issues -I will fit another set this week just in case but so far so good
    £75 a set -worth it IMHO

After a fuel smell in the car and finding fuel leaking through the plug on the pump assembly, then after a world of hassle with fuses/relays and connector I had to resort to buying a new pump assembly (£400)
    they are rarer than a rare thing on scrap cars!!!
    however I now have the 2 pumps from inside the assembly if anyone wants them
    A

imho - the differences in tyres are minimal ,perhaps some are better wet,or dry ,some more noisy,some faster wearing, which ever the differences are small, very cheap no brand tyres are another story and seldom even stay in balance.
    In traction terms even the "best tyre" will lose traction ability by having smaller tyre sidewalls than stock the larger the wheel the smaller the profile, less sidewall to act as a shock absorber- the current trend for larger and larger wheels I find odd ,as they weigh more ,and have heavier tyres ,adding to the weight,
    Wider tyres are also popular ? is more grip a result? I find no problems at all grip wise without superwide tyres and I guess around 340 bhp -I should think very large wheels/wide tyres add unnecessary loads to the suspension and steering ,rob power,and probably increase braking distances.
    fashion verses function I guess

No problem -there is a whole lot more info for consideration ,but such a project is likely to remain a dream only. I would think the chances of a simple swap of chargers is slim.
    I would stick with what you have if it runs well and perhaps look at what temps you have at the intake on boost ,if too high as I suspect consider a water injection system as a cheap fix

cont...
    Using a single charger now causes a slight problem it feeds 2 intakes so outlet piping needs to be split to feed each side and has 2 throttle inputs if they are used pre charger so again pipe work needs joining the input air being a total of the 2 throttles -not a pretty install!!and the output air needs recirculating back to inlet when off boost (throttle closed)
    Next the fuelling!!! aftermarket ecus are not easy to hook up with electric throttles and an expensive exercise to modify the existing one which does not recognise boost
    I used a specially designed unit which uses 3 sensors boost pressure,inlet temp and rpm from crank sensor,the first 2 would need adding the last one the existing one can be used, this unit (£400 ) is used to control extra fuel injectors (-up to 4 ) which are fitted pre charger-this give very good fuel mixture and helps cooling the charge air. fuel supply is teed off the existing fuel rail - see how the costs escalate
    ignition timing can be altered by various aftermarket piggyback units
    I would use 2 small chargers each independent and shoehorned down each side of the engine- and replace the intakes with ones containing charge cooler (laminova cores) more machining and welding and cost ,also the requirement for a pump and radiator squeezed into an already cramped engine bay.
    colder plugs,larger air filters,and many hours on the dyno!!
    this would not be a simple exercise and the more you got into it the install of a nitrous system to obtain the same power in a weekend would become so appealing