Beiträge von Nifty50

Zitat von Timm;152168

Strangely, the 840ci IS ULEZ compliant! Wedge31 went through the process of getting this done - and he did it! So, if you want an ultra-Low emissions car for driving through the centre of London, get an E31!

More info here: https://www.bimmerforums.co.uk…ndons-ulez-charge.577515/

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Timm, it is an interesting article.

Is this all based on the certificate of conformity from BMW and the V5 document then? It seems odd that they can grant exemption without actually knowing the emission readings from that vehicle as a fully compliant vehicle could still easily fail an emissions test if it were faulty.

Not that I ever go to London but it would be nice to know if the 850 was also compliant as my Emission test results are always ultra low.

Cheers
    Graham

Hi Revtor,

Showing me that picture did the trick. I must be some kind of numpty for not understanding this better. I have music playlists saved on a Network Storage Unit from my Sonos system and I was trying to burn directly from those lists. As soon as I imported them into iTunes I called up the dialogue box you showed me and voila. I was able to choose a burn speed anywhere between 1x and 52x so went with 4x as Timms advice and the copy is perfect.

Thank you so much
    Graham

Zitat von Antonin;148189

Hi

If you use Itunes (Apple application) you can burn CDs very easly, I can copy like 15/20 songs on one disc.

Cheers.

Hi Antonin,
    Yes I do use iTunes on a Mac desktop and is as you say very simple; with my other more modern car I am able to use a memory stick with many songs and even videos when downloaded in MP4. When I have burned to discs they also work in the modern car. I have just put together a collection of particular favourites which I have on a memory stick and enjoy it so much I wanted to have it in the BM, hence where I am at.

Revtor,
    Very grateful for your explanation and I shall take this all a bit slower and see if I can get there.

PS, is there any way of erasing a CD-R on a Mac? I have followed the mac forum ideas but never get the option to erase?

Sadly the lowest speed my computer will burn at is 8x. I gave it a try but it hasn't worked so will try to find an older device.

Thanks guys,

This is all useful information and I have already spotted an error in my process! I was burning at 16x.

I did also read an article that said the in car lasers may not be powerful enough to read poor quality cd's and therefore to have a chance the best quality cd's should be used.

Cheers
    Graham

Zitat von Omega;148161

I would be surprised if they can read anything more than an original CD!

I think that is correct but do you know what format the original CD's would be. When I googled 'Old CD player formats" I only came up with WAV and AIFF" which I have tried with no success.

Does anyone know what format a CD has to be in, in order to play in our cars.

I have downloaded some internet music in mp3 and transferred it to both WAV and AIFF and then burned it to a CD. In both cases it just states "Disc Error"

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Graham

Hello Gonzalol,

Due to circumstances I cannot make the Majorca trip. At the moment I am booked to travel from Portsmouth to Bilbao on 29th September. My wife cannot travel by sea so I am picking her up on the 30th at Madrid airport and we spend two nights in Segovia. We then travel down to Mojacar, Almeria via Montesinos for October and November. Because there is a bit of a classic car scene down there my plan is to leave the car there for when we return in January/February and then ship it back to the UKfor next summer. This is something I have always wanted to do since we bought our place in Spain in 2003. It would be great if I happened to see any of you on the roads!

Best wishes
    Graham

Interesting reading!
    I have just renewed with Lancaster for the 5th year on agreed valuation and 3000 mile limit for £173. I did get a check quote from Adrian Flux but it was just over £200 so stayed with Lancaster. Cannot speak highly enough of the great service.
    Don't forget to advise if you are a member of a car club as this usually brings an extra discount.

Hi Nick, hope all good with you.

I only had one offside pipe that was corroded and it got picked up as an advisory last year. Notwithstanding that only one needs replacing I am having both replaced along with all the clips etc on Tuesday. The parts from BMW were only £88 and have been quoted 3 hrs to fit at an independent.

Cheers old boy,

Graham

Thank you for your kind words Joseph

Thanks for the picture ENGL and thank you Revtor for the explanation.

I need to replace the corroded parallel sections beneath the car. The pipes that turn 90 deg and go upwards are in good shape and I was wondering if I could join the new sections to the existing with a flexible connection or would this be an unwise decision in your opinions?

Cheers
    Graham

Thank you Larry, that is useful information and at least a bit more competitive even with postage.

Does anyone know why they have suddenly shot up in price though?

Can anyone please advise why the price of pollen filters has suddenly gone through the roof?

Main dealer price is £81.34 each and Eurocarparts are offering them for a discounted price of £122.99 each. The last ones I bought 6000 miles ago from the main dealer were £27.07 each.

Is there a quality aftermarket alternative?

Cheers

Graham