Beiträge von Nifty50

Picking up on a suggestion made in a recent post I thought I would kick off with this one. I have seen the following 8's in my office car park in Fareham, Hampshire in the last week.

Silver 840 Reg. M11 JXX
    Estoril Blue 840 Reg. H13 RMP (really throaty:top:)

Do these belong to any members?

Has anybody ever had their steering wheel re-leathered? Is this a viable alternative to replacing as I would like to keep the original wheel but would like a slightly thicker and better feel. Any thoughts and/or recommendations would be appreciated.

Well this thread certainly livened things up a bit and makes a lot of good and valid points.

I am a regular reader and never stop being amazed at so many of the great achievements amongst members. The pictures and write ups are truly professional and sometimes make me feel very inadequate.

There are many times in recent years when I thought of selling my car but the enthusiasm and assistance from this site has kept my interest going.

I too, like the idea of "other 8's spotted out and about" as I often see a few on my travels, funny thing is I never see another 8 when I'm in mine but plenty when in my daily runner:dontknow:

Thanks to all posters, you really are appreciated:top:

Zitat

On the chipset front, I've seen claims that chips can improve MPG a bit, is that just wishful thinking?

Hi Nick,

As you know I recently changed everything including the wokke chips. My commute is 80miles all round of about one third dual carriageway and two thirds nightmare. Before the change I never ever exceeded 16-20mpg now it is 20-25mpg, so I am convinced they helped. :top:

Zitat von stevep840;74677

You've got some Hope:hmmmm: we Brits can't even organise an 8 series day!!!!

Sad but true

OK, how about Duxford in Cambridgeshire on 2nd May

(Hope you don't mind me mentioning this Timm)

Zitat von shiggsy;74663

Maybe we need an 8 Series golf day?

The 40's v 50's

Are there many golfers out there? :hello:

It could be difficult to coordinate as we are a fairly spread out group but worth considering.

Zitat von stevep840;74621

You have to appreciate that Schnitz lives up on Dartmoor, a Cold desolate place on a typical summers day:grin2: the Internet connection goes only so far, once in a while the locals get together tie the handkercheifs in knots at the corners to ware as a head peice , put on their wifes underwear, then sit down together in a former Shepards over night hostilery, & drink gallons of apple juice untill fall a sleep, after several days out in the wild the locals make it home to face the music, & as punishment from their better halfs are made to sleep in the tractor shed with the other out door farm animals.

After a further period of solitary living, it is that above mentioned time again:rofl:no wonder they can't keep up with the Internet:devilchilli:

Okehampton Golf Club is an exception - it's just fabulous:top:

I appreciate that most of the guys here don't worry too much about the price of fuel because their 8's are not daily commuters, me included. On Friday coming through Chichester, West Sussex the price was £1.16/litre, this morning it was £1.17/litre and on the way home tonight it was £1.18/litre. The government is increasing duty by 2p again in April. I just get this horrible feeling that the time will come very soon when even occasional use will have to be a considered option. :cry:

There are two DME's and an EML. The DME's will literally take you a couple of minutes but the EML is a bit trickier because you have to pull the two circuit boards apart. Steve is right that the Wokke instructions explain all. If you haven't got them or don't get them before this evening I will pm them to you. If you contact Wolf at Wokke he is incredibly helpful and his instructions are spot on. Because his chips come as a set of three you should be able to see from one of the DME's if the originals have been changed. It is the EML chip that makes all the difference, very zappy.

Nick, Sorry to hear of your continuing woes.

One thing to be careful about with the windscreen is that it is an integral part of the strength of the car frame and as such it is from memory, a 4 ply windscreen. This was only discovered by accident some years ago when I had a replacement. I was quoted two hugely different prices and when I questioned the more expensive one this is what was revealed. The story checked out and was confirmed by the insurance company who paid the higher price, so be careful of cheap alternatives.

Zitat von koenig dave;73747

it may have had a royal (sultan) as it's first owner but the dvla says it has had 5 owners.

The dvla may have recorded 5 keepers but it could have still been one owner. Many of the Sultanate cars are looked after by companies within the family and they have a habit of changing them around. Please don't ask me why:dontknow:

If prices around the £9-10K can be achieved then it certainly suggests the values are moving up and as someone said before, if one or two disappear off the radar each year it can only be a good thing:top:

Zitat von sparklesmcgraw;73144

lol....:laugh:

Older maybe, but getting more and more beautiful everyday when compared to the modern cars on the road.

I completely agree. Does anyone ever get tired of looking at their 8?

The very interesting article on the M8 in the BMW Car magazine makes a comment in passing that says "to reach 300km/h (186mph) you need at least 450bhp".

Would anyone know if this is this actually a fact and if it is, does it then follow that minimum bhp requirements are needed to attain say 100mph or 150mph?