Beiträge von Nifty50

Zitat von Koizumi;69759

What is the "convenience opening/closing" feature? Is that the 'all windows up/down' feature?

Yes and the sunroof, but I think it was withdrawn in the USA on safety grounds:hmmmm:

I'm a bit loathe to start replacing bits randomly. I think a trip to Phoenix may be called for as its due an MOT in Nov anyway![/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more, a very wise decision but let us know the outcome for future reference;-)

Happy motoring

Zitat von Radron;69713

Hi There

Thanks for the reply. No neither wash system is working, intesive or normal.

Ron,

I am no authority on this so cannot be too technical but I think fuse #15 is also relevant. It could well be the pump but there are a couple of them. Check out the Roadfly.com forums because there is usually some in depth commentary on just about anything you can dream about. Sorry I can't be more specific, just trying to help out.

Cheers

I had this a while back and was convinced it was a blockage because it went from being fine, to a bit of a trickle and then nothing in a very short space of time. I suggest disconnecting the hoses from the jets under the bonnet to see if you have a flow at that point. The little clips are a bit fiddly but do come off. If you still have good flow then the sprayer units will be the problem. I replaced mine (about £20 each from memory) and everything was back to normal. I don't think they can be fixed. I also recall that you have to make sure the part number is for the heated nozzles. Hope this helps.

Nick, I reckon that is a great deal and chuffed you got it (See if he will throw in the amp as well:harhar:) Have you had a chance to inspect beneath the bonnet yet? Does most of the damage seem to be superficial?

Hey Nick, I just got in and saw your post. I am gobsmacked at this terrible event but so grateful you are OK. I will try to do anything I can to help, just ask, you know where I am.

Zitat von Fatandre;69333

Where is the fuse located on the amp?

Drop down the amp housing in the boot and you will see it right between the two multi pin connectors. It should be red and with a bit of luck you should have a spare in your fuse box. Hope that's what it is. Good luck

:hmmmm: interesting, because I ordered a part yesterday that was shown at $9.18 and my local dealer wants £17.20 which is slightly off the ballpark!!

Zitat von revtor;69218

If it was the fuse, I don't see how you could get the plop sound in the speakers when you turn the radio off.

That is correct, having had a faulty amp and also a blown fuse I can confirm there would be no sound at all.

Have a search around the forums because I'm sure I read something recently that discussed your problem. Sorry I can't be more specific (or remember where I read it:roll:)but there is some help out there.

When I replaced mine a while back, after quite a bit of homework I found that 2 new batteries from the main dealer was the best deal. 10-15% less than any other equivalent:top: I was genuinely shocked too!!

Hi Lloyd,

Sorry to hear of your predicament. Where are you situated? I am coming up from south coast either A24 or A3 to M25 and then on up. I could dive off or meet at suitable place on route if this helps or maybe Nick's option suits best. Be glad to help so let me know.

Zitat von Benji 840Ci Sport;67927

hi tony...yes i have noticed the same...maybe 8er collectors are rearing their heads from over their Times supplements or our beloved series is developing a stronger "cult" following as certain other cars have - NSX... XKR 4.2 (Prev model)... etc etc.

It can only be a good thing...keeps them out of breakers yards and the neon-light fraternity. ;)

In all seriousness how are these beloved cars being valued? It seems to me that we are all settling for typical and perceived values that followed the downward trend when Glasses guide gave up. Every year a few more 8's disappear off the radar and the good ones are getting rarer so maybe it is within our power to stop selling them so cheap? I guess the enthusiasm for the marque will continue and there isn't a day goes by without some complimentary comment. It will always look beautiful aside from costly maintenance. I passed an immaculate triumph spitfire this morning and I thought, 'even though it drives like a dog he is proud and enjoying the moment'. So maybe it is time for us all to hold on for better values, keep the prices high and it may even have the effect of increasing demand!!:)

:hmmmm: Not sure about that one? Mine didn't lock and unlock to confirm but I found it was working when I tried it. From reading many of the posts it does seem that there are very many different types of key and initialization procedures? Anybody know just how many across the model ranges?

I did this 2 weeks ago after getting the car back from the dealer with no remote working!! I did not bother to take it back because I know they are clueless on this matter. Mine is 3 button version with flick out blade, 2 buttons on wide side and 1 smaller button on thin side which operates the deadlock and alarm. I replaced the batteries as a matter of course then sat in car with doors shut, turned spare key to ignition position 2 and held transmitter onto red led next to gearshift. The procedure is in the handbook. You press button 1 or 2 until led on key flashes and that was it. It now works perfectly and opens and closes the windows, sunroof etc.

Zitat von sprucegoose;67573

Sincere apologies because it appears that I never followed up on my promise to get back to the club. Anyway, YES! I did get the MID replaced free of charge so anyone still with this problem in the UK should still be able to do the same. There is a precedent and I am it. Get in touch with BMW customer service UK and tell them that you want the same deal that they gave to the owner of CC66548 who had the unit replaced free at Vines Ltd of Crawley, West Sussex. They will likely ask you to go to your local BMW dealer because the protocol is that the garage has to make the application for the free replacement of this part. Don't be fobbed off. They do know about this problem at HQ, but be prepared for the dealer to claim ignorance. Its not a "general recall", so in fact they might well not know. But if you can sweet-talk the dealer into making the application for a goodwill replacement, then there's every chance that BMW UK will cough up. My car was 10 years old and I was the fifth owner - yet I still got it replaced.

I had my retrospective claim put in yesterday and just had a call to say it was rejected. They said Sprucegoose's was done 2 years ago and mine is now beyond Goodwill! For the sake of another call I will talk to Customer Service and get the full explanation. I suppose it is my fault for putting up with knackered pixels for the past 11 years of ownership.