Beiträge von Nifty50

Have never noticed this before but with the fan speed controller in any set position (except maximum), the fan speed varies with temperature ie. slower on hot and faster on cold. Is this simply the same principle as a combination boiler in that temperature is influenced by flow or does this suggest there could be an issue. The fact that there appears to be no correlation between flow and temperature when fan speed is at maximum slightly bothers me:hmmmm:

Thanks

Graham

That is some reply.

Thank you for taking the trouble to explain in such detail. I shall not be alarmed now when I encounter this again and from what you have said this is likely to be a more frequent occurrence, at least in the short term.

Cheers

Graham

Hi Nick,

Hope all good with you.

I have not had experience with these products but I did have my kit fitted 18 years ago and my recollections of that time might be helpful.

I have attached the job sheet from when I had the kit installed and you can tell from the labour charge that it was 18 years ago! The eBay kit only appears to mention the front spoiler and the rear diffuser but there are a good number of other parts required to complete the installation for example, the fixing kit, the number plate backing section and there are also two pieces of trim that go either side of the number plate. Chandlers actually overlooked these themselves but supplied, painted and fitted them anyway whilst still honouring the quoted price, so I was lucky as they would have added another hundred pounds or so.

I think what I am trying to say is that whilst the headline price of £185 per part sounds quite reasonable, by the time you add all the other bits and pieces you might find that the genuine kit (if available) is not that much more especially if you can negotiate a car club discount or similar. The painting will be what it is and will likely be a good few hundred quid. A man of your calibre will I'm sure, have no problem fitting the bits. You will also realise that to complete the M Tech look the mirrors should be changed but they are seriously expensive and I couldn't justify them at the time; having said that it seems to be widely accepted that the dumbos give far better visibility.

Hope this is of some use in your deliberations but in any case it was nice to see your name pop up:winkwink:

All the best

Graham

Zitat von Alex McDonald;136350

Heartbroken but she's now sold, her replacement is very nice and from the BMW family, a 635d Sport !

Well done Alex, a very nice car that I'm sure you will enjoy. Thanks for showing us.

Cheers
    Graham

I guess it would depend on what was running with the ignition in position 2 because everything will be alive in that position. If the drain on the batteries is then greater than the charger can input then yes, you will have drained the batteries and then some.

Zitat von hmg;135595

Will be interesting to see if it sells at the guide. Only one or two RHD have come up for sale this year.

It didn't sell, probably didn't reach the reserve. The 1992 850i with 100K miles sold for £6,750.00 plus 11% buyers premium.

Hi Angus,

It was nice to see you featured at Capesthorne Hall; all the hard work and effort was obviously appreciated by all and the Red, Blue & White was a nice touch.

Is the White one as nice as the reports often say?

Cheers

Graham

Zitat von NickF;135669

I've also repaired and refitted my fan speed control sword which was an enormous pain in the arse, but for the first time in 10 years my fan works!

Hello matey,

Did you get a reconditioned one or did you buy a new one? They are sooo expensive that even the breakers know how to charge. How did you know it was the sword that was dodgy?

Zitat von Timm;135227

I'm a Falken fan a well.....

And me. A very decent above average and well priced tyre. Just a shame they won't be going on nice rims:laugh:

Just out of curiosity does anyone know how the choice of paint type changed over the years of production. I guess like my 1991 the early cars were all single stage paint but presume the latter cars were all base coat and clear coat. When or why did this change? Was there a specific cut off date where single stage was discontinued? Was it just something that evolved as paint systems improved? Is it possible that Brilliant Red for example could exist in both single stage and two coat?

Cheers
    Graham

Yes, well done Peter and thanks for doing that.

Do you have any plans to apply the same formula across the 850 and 840 ranges as there seems to be no logic whatsoever in their pricing. Csi's seem to be able to get away with high prices for average and poor condition which just doesn't seem to work with the rest of the family.

Cheers
    Graham

Zitat von reinhard;133313

PS: GRAHAM: ASC+T was optional for the M70 Auto (S214). Around a quarter of all UK delivered RHD M70 were optioned with +T. It became a standard feature some time around March 1992.

Thank you for noting and clarifying my earlier query. Presumably it was initially felt there was less likelihood of spinning the wheels in the automatic which is why it was standard equipment only with the manual transmission. The extract below from the 1991 brochure confirms it as an option with the automatic.

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/34301/