Beiträge von ultrah

ok so the shop looked at the car and came up with this.... it needs a coil which caused the cat to load up with fuel and basically thats where all the smoke was from... and it ruined the cat... i dont know if its completely shot with a hole in it or what... but looks like its time to find someone to make me the straight pipes. .

i wonder if thats my problem too? ? if the air meter goes bad... does it load up the cat. with fuel? is that why u said one of ur cats was loaded with fuel do u think?

*UPDATE* ok today i checked on the exhuast flow like u said and both sides seem to have equal pressure from just holding my hand by the tailpipes.... but the driver side pipes (i have a lefthand drive car being im in the US) has alittle smoke coming out.. but it doesnt seem to smell like oil or coolant... its white in color but not thick at all.. and the car def. sounds like its got an exhaust leak coming from right between the firewall and dash (rough guess)

just purchased a 92' 850... 77k on it.. only put about 500 miles on it when the other day i was driving when i noticed the car idling alittle low at a light.. when i go to pull away from the light the car has almost no power and takes forever to accelerate... when i got to the next light i notice some smoke coming from the hood... although temp gauge reads normal and no check eng. light (yet).. i pulled over popped the hood and the smoked seemed to be coming mostly from the back of the motor near the firewall... i let it sit a few mins and decided to try and make it home..on the way home it still had little to no power and struggled to make it up hills/inclines... then a few miles later i did get the check eng light on... less then a mile from my home the smoke got alot worse and began pouring in the car thru the vents and any crevice.. yet the temp gauge was still at normal... i had to pull over because the smoke was so bad.... i shut the car and let it sit till the smoke cleared almost all the way... since i was 1/2 mile from home i started it right back up and the exhaust seemed to be alot louder then it was and the car still had no power..but i made it home... im no mechanic but im leaning towards something with the cat. converter(s)??? maybe clogged? but it sure was alot of smoke!! any help?! :cry::cry::cry: