Beiträge von TERMINATOR

When i turn on the ignition, both ligts are on (always). Sometimes they both light when i have started the engine, and sometimes only the ASC after engine start up , backing out of my driveway, drive a few meters and the ABS light come on. When the engine is warm, and i stop it, then start up again, the lights are gone... Yes the ABS pump is changed. I open it and checked the valves , and the motor , before i change it. Also the ABS and the ASC is working fine when the lights are of.

This is a good picture of the housing . It is a e34 m5 diff. On ebay it says it fit also for e32 e36 e46 e24 e26 so they are pretty much the same. On the 8 series it is only the 2 bolt hole in front (of the picture) you are gone use, for mounting it to the car.(They are only on the right side of the diff/car.) And the 2 in the backplate on the OEM backplate:winkwink:

Yes it is pretty much bolt on, Just remember to buy new gasket/simring behind the dustcover on the input shaft. If you dont are familiar with taking diffs aparts , you should let someone who are, change the input shaft for you. That is because of the Clamping bush inside the diff. I am no expert , but this is importante so you dont end up with a diff thats howling. Or even worse, breakdown.. Some 850, maybe all .. i am not sure . They have a 86 mm inputshaft . The e34 m5 has 86mm. The 840 has 94mm. The 750 has 86mm . So maybe you dont have to change the inputshaft. But check the mountings first to see if they are the same. And check the threads on the output shaft . I needed to buy new bolts , as they are different on the e34 m5 diff.:top:

Yes i am very happy with the performance. Had a little test drive now again , and it is so funny , it just go on and on, gear after gear, it will not stop. all the way up to 240kph, it dident feel like that was the end,:driver: but i was scared as hell, a turn came up and i had to slow down.

It was several concerns about the rpm. Of course it is higher, but it is not a issue at all ! In 80kph-2000rpm , and that is not to high for me.:grin2:

It is nice to see the interest you have in what i do to my car . I am sorry i dont have any pictures of the SC built , i dident take anyone :banghead:. I am really happy with the results. The car is really quick from the start, and after every gearshift it feels really strong and pushes it fast all the way up to 200kph, then there was no more road...:driver:I will try and time it (0-100kph and 0-200kph.) And if i have the courage, i will test the top speed :grin2:. Will let you know.

I want it quickly from the start. I have no need to drive my car in over 200kph on the miserable norwegian roads,(especially where i live.) Also i am pretty sure my top speed will increase now, because there is not enough road or power to drive my 2,93 ratio to 212mph (341kph) as it theoretical can. Also i have 22" wheels. Found this one on this forum::driver: Changing to a quicker ratio provides faster acceleration in all gears at all rpm's. It does not affect engine emissions or idle speed and can make up for changes in tire diameter. Some BMW models were originally geared very long for increased fuel mileage. These cars benefit the most from quicker ratios.

Generally, longer ratios yield better fuel mileage and shorter ratios offer more acceleration and higher fuel consumption. In practice, the fuel difference is often slight. If you have such a long ratio you must frequently downshift to pass or accelerate quickly, then in reality you do not get the theoretically higher fuel mileage that the longer ratio would have you expect. And, if you switch to a shorter ratio for more acceleration, you may not burn much more gas than before, as you are now able to upshift more quickly into the higher gears.

In a similar way, you would expect that changing to a shorter ratio for more acceleration will reduce your top end speed a you would run out of revs in high gear. However, few cars have enough top end torque to pull full revs in high gear. Changing to a shorter ratio will usually enable the engine to pull more revs against the high speed drag resistance. Though you will turn more revs per mile, your actual top end speed may be as good or better than before, especially if you have added some additional performance improvements.

The following formula will enable you to calculate your possibilities, but keep in mind actual results will vary. Drag, rolling resistance, tire characteristics, spoiler packages and engine modifications all affect acceleration and achievable top end speed. And don't forget road conditions, speed limits, and radar! It is usually more practical to gear for greater acceleration than higher top end speed. You can enjoy it more often with fewer penalties.