Beiträge von mherbert

Zitat von TerryY

Hope this helps. The US models probably do not have the star nut on the drivers side.

With luck it is a loose nut.

You have been so much help to me, Thanx once again for all your help and YES this will be very helpful to me.

Zitat von TerryY

O2 sensors are the cheapest part to replace. They report the amount of extra oxygen that is left after combustion so that the fuel system can compensate to give the cat enough oxygen to work.
    If they are getting old your gas mileage should improve when you change them.

AutohausAZ.com should have them for a reasonable price and they are fairly easy to install.

Thanx for the info, I will start with that and go from there.

Zitat von TerryY

The linkage is not visible from the outside. If the blade is tight to the post but doesn't move then it is linkage.

Someone here replaced it on their car and suggested that pulling the motor may be worth it to make it easier.

I think that the procedure was published some where in a thread here before.

The actual wiper arm on the drivers side moves up and down with ease when I manually do it. What I did notice is that when I did that to the passenger side wiper arm, it went with ease, but I met some resistance when pushing it back down. I didn't have that same resistance from the drivers side wiper arm.

Zitat von TerryY

Have you changed the O2 sensors?

I got the car last August, so I haven't done anything to the car, is that a hard and expensive part to replace?

Zitat von TerryY

It needs to be re-tightened on the post most likely.

If it is still tight on the post the linkage inside has come apart. That is a significant bit of labor to fix.

Thanx for your reply, I am not sure of the linkage inside that you are talking about.

I had my car resently go thru state emissions test and failed due to high carbon level. I am not sure what could cause this and I am sure the repair shop will tell me 10 other things besides the actual problem just to get more $ out of me. So before I do that, I wanted to see if anyone had this type of experience and/or has some idea of the possible cause for a high carbon level

I was driving to work in the rain and my drivers side wiper stopped working while it was in the up position. The passenger side wiper was just smacking the other wiper, for a moment I thought I was going to loose my driver side wiper. Can some one please tell me what might be the problem? I have to drive back home and I am wondering if it's a quick fix or a costly fix?

found the part

I found a body shop that will work with me with the price and charged me only $800 for bumber, paint and installation. I got quotes as high as $2,000! I will post b4 and after pics of the car soon. Thanx 2 all 4 your nput!

Thanx!!!!!!!!

Thanx and do u know right off hand how they charge? (I will email him, but you might reply quicker.)

Zitat von TerryY

Gault http://www.buybmw.com would be the best choice for the rear valence. Painted to the BMW color the seem cheaper than the other dealers are quoting unpainted.

In your last picture you appear to be missing the standard center panel between the exhaust pipes. (See the picture of mine)

The Sport/CSi piece you have marked in the picture requires a complete bumper change.

I went to this site and I did not see no where to order parts, just a lot of contact info. Any direct link to the sites product page?

Is the rear the whole bumper or the valence part?

Zitat von TerryY

Gault http://www.buybmw.com would be the best choice for the rear valence. Painted to the BMW color the seem cheaper than the other dealers are quoting unpainted.

In your last picture you appear to be missing the standard center panel between the exhaust pipes. (See the picture of mine)

The Sport/CSi piece you have marked in the picture requires a complete bumper change.

Yes I am missing that piece as in your pic, wasn't sure what I was missing because when I got the car it was missing. Thanx for the info!

Zitat von sandwich

Hi

No idea on the fornt section but the rear is also found in UK on all Sport models ...840.
    Might be easier to go for the Sport front end also but from what I recall new they are approaching $2000.00 from stealers.
    Do pop up on Ebay from time to time. In fact there was a complete front end on there a couple of weeks ago.

I know I hate that I missed that, someone back into my sh*t in a hotel parking garage!!!:oops: Thanx for your input

Is there a company that repairs MID? What is the companies name, location, and how to reach them? Do I have to get the orginal MID or is it a updated version of the MID that I can get? Also I'm having a hard time locating various relays, does anyone have any info on how to get a horn-k2, headlights-k39 and interior lights-k39 relays I have a 94 840ci!
    Thanx,
    M Herbert