Beiträge von steveirl

LOL at you guys, It would take more than a few lottery tickets. I spent a long time looking for a good Turbo2. I have had a few Cx over the years, and always promised myself if I found a solid corrosion free Turbo2 i would jump. This car is mechanically excellent, with no corrosion anywhere, although the paint is a bit faded from sun, and correcting that will mean a respray as it is clearcoat over metallic. I am not going to paint it now, just enjoy it for a while.
    Its cool to come across a few fans of this unusual car, there are many who cant abide them, but the 2500 Turbo is a lovely thing, and very rare now.
    Here are a few pics before I started cleaning her up.

Hi keenan
    I have only had one set of wheels refurbed recently, a set of Citroen CX Turbo alloys, and sent them to Nu Luk in Carrickfergus. Great job, they are probably the best on the island, and the price was just over 400 sterling for the four, but they finished them with the original factory diamond cut finish.
    I had a set of Porsche 928 wheels done many years ago through a guy in Dublin, but I have lost his contact details, cannot even remember his name..
    here are few pics of the citroen wheels, before and after.
    Gerry/8Tech here refurbed my CSi wheels, perfect job, but that is not much use to you.

www.nulukwheels.co.uk

The show is short on the truth to make it believable to the viewer, simple as.
    They restored a Porsche 928 in a previous series, and the main large expenditure item was a respray, with the prep done by Ed China, the bodyshop charged 2k to paint. The only other expensive items were new brake calipers, all other fixes were made to look simple enough. That very 928 is now in Ireland, and i checked out the car for the buyer, as I know 928's well having owned four of them.
    it's history file, which was very complete, contained almost 7k in fixes done by the Wheeler dealer show to get the car up to par, most of which were never shown in the show!!!

Only see this thread now Nick, what tough luck, but glad to see you making such great progress.
    Just on the Aircon, I have a lot of refrigeration equipment in my business, and the guy who takes care of it also recharges any cars I need. Although he should not, he still has several cans of R12, and will use it for customers he knows. Maybe you can find someone similair. Replacment with R134 will mean changing the compressor oil and valves in the system, and it is a far less effective refrigerant. It is also about to be phased out!
    There is a gas called Freeze12, but I do not know if it is available here, it is a direct R12 replacement, with R12 performance too.
    Steve

My CSi is exactly the same colour combo as this car for sale, and I agree with Arnie, a great colour for the 8 but needs to be clean and looks dull in low light, but fantastic is sun or bright daylight. The photos also tend to dull the silver/grey interior, it is a good compliment to the orient blue, and I would never say it looks cheap. I would also say that when it comes to buying a CSi, choosing your preferred colour is usually not a luxury you are likely to have, they are not exactly plentiful, especially in good condition.

A million thanks Dieter for taking the time to post this. It is a great help. I will check everything Arnie when I am there, a quick look and all seems fine aside from some surface rust on the hose fittings. Even the AHK cover is in good shape, just a little corrosion around the edges.

Yep, thanks for your help, I am very interested in the instructions. I can see the exhaust has to come off, and that is easy, (leaving aside the weight:roll:) but I do have a four post lift in my garage so access will be no problem.
    Thanks
    Steve

Noticed a very tiny oil patch on the gargge floor today after moving the CSi, upon putting the car on the lift I can see the diff is damp with oil which appears to be coming from the front of the unit, at the input shaft. I checked the online repair manual which says in the event of oil leaks to check the correct oil is used(which it is), check the vent is clean, what vent??
    And to check the radial seals and replace if needed! Are radial seals the driveshaft seals? If so, this is not the problem, it is the input shaft. Is this a difficult job? In the pic the circled area shows the oil weep.
    Steve