Beiträge von MANSTER74

850I Manual

I never entered my VIN into the REALOEM.COM site since acquiring my 8.
    My ID: CB42014 shows it was produced in 11/1990.

Is there a way to determine what the actual number in production it was?
    Not important, just interested in knowing.

If you would, would a few of you '91 850I Owners take a photo of the fusebox underneath your hood, as my fuse box has a few open relay positions and I want to be certain it is the way it was intended. My 8 is a US Model, if that may make a difference.

-Thanx in advance!!

SUNROOF

I tried using the allen wrench but it will not completely close from the tilt position. Also, are you saying to remove the motor from where it affixed to the vehicle?

-Thanx!

Sunroof

Gents,

I seEm to have evErything in order however, the roof will not close completely from the lifted position. I disconnected the battery in order to reboot the computer. I reconnected the battery & pressed the sunroof switch until I heard the "thunk" sound.....still I cannot get it to close.

I have yet to locate a special roof tool & am wondering if it is the problem is the instructions stated the tool is to used to "lock" the gates with it. Maybe the gates are in the incorrect position and are preventing the closing of the roof. Was this a necessary step for any of you who have removed the roof??
    If anyone may know, please advise!

-Thanx!

Sunroof

Schnitz,

When the roof is opened, I know the inner cover is fully retracted with the roof. When the roof is in tilt position, I wanted to see how much of the inner cover is exposed & would you see any portion of the steel tips from the guide rail. I took the roof panel awhile ago to have the innner cover, the roof panel & the headliner refinished. With that, I wanted to see how it should look.

-Thanx!

Sunroof Trouble

Could someone post a photo of their inside sunroof area in the tilt position.
    I trying to reinstaal the inner liner and I need to see how far forward it needs to be .

-Thanx!

Sunroof Trouble

Schnitz,

I appreciate the detailed information. I can relate to the procedure a bit more know. The part I had to replace was the plastic part with the metal rod attached (used to release the inner panel). With regard to the special tool, did you have to use one to lock the left and right guides, before completing the procedure and closing the roof completely? Also, is there a tool used to manually close the roof completely?

Lastly, I appreciate you offering to assist however, I live in Pennsylvania/ USA.

-Thanx!

SUNROOF SPECIAL TOOL 54 3 150

Gents,

Does anyone have the SUNROOF SPECIAL TOOL 54 3 150 used to lock the sunroof gate on both sides of the roof. I made inquiry with the local dealer, as well as with Charlie (Gault BMW). Both sources state, although each tool costs $5.00, it would have to be ordered from Germany and the would be no idea when it would be available.

With that, does anyone have one they wouldn't mind selling to me as, I cannot completely reassemble the roof to drive it. I appreciate anyone who can help. Also, I am a resident of the US.

-Thanx!