Beiträge von Baggio850

That's very interesting as Transcal are based near me. From the picture you have posted their work seems very good, the stitching and fit seems factory quality unlike a lot of retrims I have seen. If you are coming to Scotland to have your car done let me know.

[/QUOTE]

Zitat von reinhard;123873

Terje (huldra66) spoke to the new owner of #22 when it changed ownership in April 2012 and was quoted "more than 14k EUR" (original invoice in hand). The conversion was done in 2003. It is safe to assume that today´s charges will easily exceed those of more than a decade ago.

Cheers
    Reinhard

Thanks Reinhard, I spoke to Erik and he advised me about the figure of €13k. I believe he had additional work done, that my car may not require, but agreed that the cost will have increased in the past decade.

I believe that Number 22's interior was approximately €13,000 from Alpina.

Dave, Number 47 has a black leather interior. The current interior is actually in great condition but if the budget allows I would consider sending the car to Alpina to have the interior redone to my own specification.

I've got similar plans for number 47/57. I've always admired Erik's old car and have been in contact with Alpina to discuss my options. My car is Avus blue and a cream/champagne leather interior would have been my preferred choice had I ordered the car new.

Hi, I'm the owner of number 47 and i'm currently in the process of shipping the car to the far east where it will undergo a full restoration. I previously rescued number 35 which i sold to Peter Rice and I have been determined to find another B12 5.7 ever since. As Reinhard has stated above this is actually the only RHD B12 5.7 that was based on a CSi and as far as i know it is also the only B12 painted in Avus Blue.

The bodywork wasn't as bad as it appears in the photographs above and there is absolutely no rust anywhere on the car. The driver's side looks worse but was actually prepped for paint at some point. My lower mileage CSi in comparison has had all the usual rust issues (sunroof, jacking points rear wings etc) and i think this car actually benefitted being stored in a garage for so many years! The Alpina bonnet and front spoiler are intact thankfully.

Mechanically however the car will need some TLC. The engine starts and idles but we haven't tested the Shiftronic gearbox or AHK yet. The car will be completely stripped and repainted and all the fuel lines, brake lines etc will be replaced. The interior has come up really well with only minor trim needing replaced. The leather is of a very high quality and has aged a lot better than the standard CSi leather and i was amazed to find no real wear, even on the driver's seat. After 12 years in a dusty garage with the windows open this was the result of a first clean with just soapy water:

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/26470/8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/26471/8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/26472/8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/26473/

The rest of the car is surprisingly intact too and the and all the badges, plaque and history came with the car. I have the original sales brochure and Alpina wallet too. However i'm hoping someone on here can help me locate some parts. I currently need the rear upper wishbones (part no. 33321138015 x2 ) and a set of genuine Alpina wheels including the spare if possible (i would happily do a PX deal with someone if interested as i have a set of Throwing Stars, M Parallels and Bolted Cross Spokes all taking up valuable room in my garage!).

I will try to post regular updates of my progress.

Sorry i should have said the red one (cc88178) on Pistonheads is my car. Not the orient blue one above. My car would never have the throwing stars on the wrong way! ;)

Also I'm looking for a set of mint throwing stars. If anyone is interested in trading for my M Parallels or M bolted cross spokes please PM me.

Hi Reinhard, well done yes the CSi is my car and I was also the one that rescued B12 no. 35. I bought the Alpina with a view to restoring it but at the time i had just opened my business and didn't have the time or the money to undertake such a project. I then contacted Peter Rice, who had previously bought a red CSI from me, and he bought the car and did an amazing job getting the car back to its former glory. I don't have much time to post here but I do lurk from time to time. I have owned another CSi, an Orient Blue one which was also sold to a board member, Stephen, from Ireland ( this is considered to be one of the best CSis out there). I have owned 3 840s also.

I bought this CSi last year as I felt it was a nice car that had to be saved. It needed a lot of work but it was a late model, straight car with few owners and had a new engine fitted by BMW plus it was in my favourite colour. Initially I got the car running and serviced and decided to sell but then as with all these things it became my 'weekend project'. Since owning the car I have spent considerable time and money making this car perfect. It is currently waiting for a new sunroof panel and I will be painting the car to concourse standards. The interior is perfect and anything that was worn or damaged has been replaced. I also replaced the cross spoke wheels with genuine M Parallels. I've turned down a few offers for it and a few people have been reluctant to travel to Scotland to view it. I'm not in a rush to sell as I have just purchased a genuine Alpina 5.7 bonnet, intake manifolds, and exhaust system so I could build this as a very accurate B12 lookalike but I am undecided as yet. :)

Thanks for the reply. Any details of that car? I know my orient blue low mileage one was for sale recently too for £25k.

I've got a red 95N 850CSi with 114k miles but new BMW fitted engine at 85k. What do you reckon it's worth?

Hi i wrote off my 840Ci Sport in June 2009 and am still arguing with the insurance company about the valuation. They are now asking me to provide adverts from around June 2009 showing cars for sale for at the value i have asked for (around £9000). So does anyone have adverts from around this time that they could possibly scan for me, please?

My car was a 1997 Estoril Blue, 840 Ci Sport with approx 85k miles. It was in immaculate condition with a FSH.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Pardeep

Zitat von Fredi;68804

I have asked at the Redaction of the swiss "Automobil revue" about the article or a possability to buy the respective AR, but as always, No answer so far :dontknow:

Thank you! I will of course reimburse you of any costs. :drink1:

Zitat von Got-One-At-Last!;68545

There's a thread on this site with quite a few photo's on the M8.

http://www.8er.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1884

Hi thanks, i've already seen that link but its the following article i really need in hi res:

This article shows the interior in better detail and also the B pillar that was unique to the M8. I've never seen hi res images but someone must have them or still have the original article that they could scan for me?
    :drink1:http://www.8er.org/files/clube31/images/m8_ar_03.jpg