Beiträge von Lloyd

I have been looking and the going price on the net is about £250 per CAT plus VAT. However Iwill also need the box that goes between the CATs and the back boxes. I am not sure what to do at the stage but I need to decided in the next couple of days as I use my car most days and I am already missing driving her. I did ring around the local exhaust people and they said " No chance Mate". I will be ringing BMW tomorrow just to get a price (how much!). Following that I will look for a local exhaust maker. In the mean time has anyone changed the exhaust themselves? If so how hard is it?

Afternoon all. I took the car out last night for a run to cheer me up however she broke down and after 4 hours the RAC arrived and said your cats gone mate. Now if you start it up it sound like the exhaust is full of stones. I guess I need to renew the whole system. Therefore how much is a BMW system££. Also should I go or a tailor built system like Nathan. However whilst it sounded the dogs I would like it to be the sam evolume as the current system. Any suggestions!! I live in Richmond Surrey. Help

Peter,
    I use the Autoglym leather cleaner / feed and it seems to do the job. It keeps the leather nice and soft. Originally when I got the car the seats had some grey spots on the bolsters (seat colour black). However I tried some liquid shoe polish and then the leather cream and ha presto the looked as good and new(ish). Hope this helps

Are there any other more local to Richmond! I don't mind travelling for a proper job. But as the saying goes if you dont ask you dont know!

Cheers Bimmerman,
    I will give you a call sometime next week to get the details of the guy in east london so that I can at least get a quote for the work. Cheers for the response. :wink:

As you may have read on my last thread I have been cleaning the car recently. However she is begining to show some signs of rust especially on the front edge of the bonnet and the sun roof. As I live in london can anyone recommend a trustworthy place to get this sorted. By that i dont mean just blown over.
    Like always I await you responses :wink:

Having spent a couple of afternoons polishing the 8 and detailing it to the best of my ability I and less than happy with the S***y weather. Therefore my question is this. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good all weather cover (tailored for the car) unfortunately I dont have a garage which is itself is a crime I know but until I can move a cover will have to do.
    Cheers folks I await you reply. :roll:

Just been in Halfords and they also sell Calcium battery. Does any one have any experience of these. They cost a little more but are guarented for 4 years. Listed as suitable for cars with lots of gadgets etc.
    This is to go on a V12. I want to sort this this weekend so if you can please advise me ASAP. :shock: I will of course buy a pair.

Going back a few steps what is everyone recommended battery power. I know what the manual says. Also GSF part suppliers suggest 66AH @ £60 + VAT each. My question is this. With a 850 to start is there an advantage of buying bigger (Ah that is) . :roll:
    I only ask this because I want to treat the car to a new pair of batteries. :?

Hi all
    I use Autoglym products which start with a super resin polish and finish with a extra gloss protector. This stuff is great it has a watery consistancy which means you can wet a cloth with it and wipe the whole car down. Then leave for about 30+min and wipe off it leaves a cloudy finish so that you can see where to wipe but it brings up a great shine. Then the next time you wash the car you can just re-apply to top up the finish if required. :lol::lol: