Beiträge von Lloyd

Hi all

Having now fitted a BMW Business CD player in my 850 (much better than the rubbish fitted by the last owners son see other thread) I have discovered that the rear speakers had been changed for some 4 inch no name brand and thus they do not sound very good. Therefore my question is this what size speaker should be fitted in the back parcel shelf (without modifications that is). I have rung around a couple of stereo shops and they just say bring it in, but I would rather know from any of you as like me we all have the car at heart. Please help . :idea:

:D Just fitted the a new BMW Business CD player and boy and I happy it now looks like it should. I have also just fitted fresh plates with the euro logo. All I need is the right CD changer for the boot (is there a model I should look out for) lots on ebay. My 850i has the normal side panels in the boot so once I get a changer I will have to sort out the mounting position.
    Thats it for now from a very happy owner :D

On my newly purchased 850i (1992)the panel that is fitted to the back of the rear seat upright was not in position correctly having taken it out I can't work out how it locates as it seem to small or the wrong shape. Does anyone have a picture of this panel in place with a close up possible as a normal short inside the boot in not that clear

Terry are you saying that if I cut one out of a 3 series (any particular year) the wires will be the same colour etc allowing an easy re-fit. As for my location it London GB :D

Hi all this is my first post so be gentel with me. I have recently bought a 850i (1991) which I am very very pleased with. However the previous owner had decided to change the original radio to a new one and as such cut yes cut the original radio connector off and crimped a new style on. My question is this I plan to buy a re-condition single CD player (bmw) possible off ebay but I will need to get hold of an original plug. I can buy a harness designed to enable you to use a BMW radio in another car but I need to know what the variuos wires are by colour. Also is there an easy way to get an original connector. If I get one from a lesser BMW(3 or 5 series) will the wires be the same and thus allow me to just match anc connect? :?: