Beiträge von MB

Zitat von wokke;118599

I was out of them for a while but I happily send you a set.
    PM me with your address and they go out immediately.

Love
    Wolf ;)

Thank you Wolf, very kind but I think I shall get over it. ;)

Hello Nick, greetings to sunny St Albans, I don't know about the fuel lines but of the two brake lines one is fairly easily replaceable as it just runs from the front to rear wheel arch under the LHS. The other one crosses the rear axle from the LH rear wheel arch and would be a pain, you could try cleaning it up and repainting it as sometimes the corrosion looks grim but pipe pitting is very light and easily removable without thinning the pipe. Alternatively if the corrosion is restricted to the run along the sill you could replace that section and use a repair union.

Angus,

You raise a good point, I personally feel guilty about my all take and no give behaviour. However, I do try and chip in if I feel I have had a relevant experience. I hope one day I shall be able to find the time to contribute more. I am sure there are many other semi-invisibles who like me visit frequently and really value this site.

Cheers

Mark

Well that seems to be the problem! Camshaft sensor disconnected car runs ok, new oem sensor required. Timm I owe you one:grin2:

Proof if ever needed of the value of this community - long may it continue.

Thanks

Mark

Hello all,

This morning I took my car out of the garage after a week of non use. It started ok and I reversed out, but whilst ticking over it suddenly cut out. Re-started ok but after 5 second s or so ran rough and cut out. Re-started a dozen or so times but same thing happened each time. I tried revving up a bit immediately after start but got hesitation, misfiring and cut out. ICV seems ok.

Car was running fine until this morning. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.:hmmmm:

Thanks

Hi Egil,

I had noticeable tram-lining in my 840 until I changed the standard steel front wishbones for items with spherical bearings in the inner ends from Wokke last year. I have had Phoenix camber plates on for 3 years or so, and with the new arms the stability was much improved at low speeds on poor roads.

Hope this is helpful.

MB

Recently I have (it seems ill advisedly) lent my 8 to my wife.

Last evening as she drove onto our drive I heard a strange creaking from the front of the car. Upon inspection I found two large areas of kerbing damage on the front nearside wheel and 4 of the 5 forged spokes (throwing stars) cracked right though!:shock: I asked how this had happened and received the response "I don't know, it might have been when I pulled over to let an ambulance past (3 days ago)".:dontknow:
    I am struggling to accept one could do such damage to a forged wheel without realising. :hmmmm:

Spleen vented.

Yes Nick, I still have the box on the shelf. I bought it to cure a steering knock and fluid leak. I found my steering knock problem was slight play in the universal joint between the column and the box, and leak mysteriously fixed itself!!

Still I am happy to have a model-specific part on the shelf. Now if I could just find a seal kit for a single vane power steering pump I would have one of those spare too! :top:

Do be careful if you adjust the screw on the top of the box, it is very tricky to get right and causes quite unpleasant steering feel even with very mild over-tightening.

"To be honest, I don't really enjoy working on cars as I usually break something else or remove a lump of my body. And that really gives the impetus to document a repair"

I wonder how many of us feel the same way? I cannot claim to be as public spirited as Timm, but certainly recognize the reluctance when it comes to working on cars. In my case I work on them because I am too tight or skint to pay somebody else to do it. There is simply no way I would have been able to run my 8 without the help of this site and it's noted luminaries, Gerry, Reinhard, Timm...et al.

Zitat von KANTER;108419

Enjoy your E31 and think about buying a 2nd one to put at the end of your garden just incise you might need that special bolt one day.!

For those with the room this may be a very sensible way to go. The recyclers seem to know what they can extract for E31 parts!