Exhaust Replacement

• Howdy all,

My car's previous owner welded a flowmaster cat-back exhaust system to my car some years ago. I was happy with the system until yesterday. I came out to my car and one of my mufflers was hanging at a precarious angle. Upon further inspection, the system has been rusting badly at the weld points, and will need to be replaced. It just so happens that my catalytic converters are also completely dead, so I'd like to replace these as well (due to the emissions nazis here in the US).

Does anyone have advice regarding catback exhaust systems? Sources? Brands? prices? Has anyone gone through a replacement themselves?

I'm going to do some googling to see what I find, but any input for this wise bunch is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Bill

• as koizumi here, straight pipes from cats and delete the centre resonator. If the cats are gone locate a catalyst manufacturer and order some direct replacement stainless steel ones or some more "open-cell" 100/200 sport cats if your really troubled by emissions.

Otherwise go for a free-flow system and have some de-cat pipes made up.

as for mufflers / backboxes theres a few options to go for... as koizumi and many others = magnaflow or go custom stainless steel, there are other sources to choose from - Engle or Eisenmann.

kind regards,

Benji

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!