River Dart Country club Meet Sunday 6th June

• I've always had this penciled in so now the car is road legal again for 12 months thats where we are going on Sunday.

The Meet is at a wonderfull country house with the river dart running through the grounds, organised by the South west region of the BMW car club alongside the Porsche Owners club, plenty to see & do, if your close by then see you there:winkwink:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Sooooo sad I'm missing it this year. :banghead:

Have not got the car back together yet..... I'm going to see if I can sneak the engine and box back in today though.... SSHHHH!! Don't alert the wifey.... She will have me painting!!!!

• Ha Mr Schnitzer, lots of the local lads were asking" wheres your mate with the AC schnitz" I told them all he's a light weight who's let the team down:harhar::laugh:

See you soon Scnitz:driver:

Oh by the way, I think I've developed a problem on the way back home!.

After a some what 'spirited' drive back, I noticed when slowing down a burning smell:hmmmm: arrived home to see smoke from the bonnet:help: I thought.

Opening the bonnet a whiff of smoke was rising from under the bulk head, I later noticed transmition fluid on the drive.

Are there any flexible trans oil pipes down there?? or what do you think?

Maybe time to get the filter & oil changed:hmmmm:

• Hi Steve.

No flexibles from the Gbox, only on the ends by the Rad....

Was it defo Gbox fluid because mine used to do that if you cuffed it hard. You need to put her on a ramp and have a look around the sump gaskets. Yes 2 of them!! These go hard and crack over time. It might be your Gbox sump but I doubt it....

Bottom sump is easy peasey top will mean engine and gearbox out (just got this down to 4hrs now) Split the box as there are 4 M6 bolts behind the flywheel... Bloody BMW....

You could take off the front subframe and do it that way but the box has still to be split from the engine....

Want me to come down this week with a big hammer?

Alex

• Prob wasn't G'box oil then,obviously from wherever then dripping on to hot exhaust ?I'll try to get it onto a ramp or may build one in my garage, or more of an inclined garage floor under the wheel areas:top:

Let you know how I get on:harhar:

• Leaking valve cover gaskets are known to be able to make a smoke bomb from an 850 ;)

Also IIRC the gearbox dipstick (with its possible modes of failure) might be a culprit if it is indeed gearbox fluid.

Wasn´t there a recent discussion about how to overfill the gearbox?

Just kidding. :harhar:

Cheers
    Reinhard

PS: holes drilled in the correct spot will allow for the removal of the dastardly bolts w/o removal of the gearbox or pulling of the engine train.

• Zitat von stevep840;77482

Prob wasn't G'box oil then,obviously from wherever then dripping on to hot exhaust ?I'll try to get it onto a ramp or may build one in my garage, or more of an inclined garage floor under the wheel areas:top:

Let you know how I get on:harhar:

Got the job done Today, & looking at the pic of the Old gasket it's hardly surprising she was pissing out ATF every where:harhar:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!