ABS ASC Lights On

• water

Hi everyone; this is my first post so forgive me if I've missed something to do before typing this.
    I had exactly same problem about a month ago. When I decided to go for the control unit it was all wet.Because the carpet so thick I cuoldn't realise that there was actually reasonable water.When we look for the source we came up to the front window.I had a roof paint repair 2 weeks ago without pulling out the window and weatherstrip. As I'm probably 8th owner of my 94 840 (mostly rebuilt) I couldn't guess improper front window replacement and there is big space for water intake when working on the edge of the weatherstrip and drain line ends to the cable group of ABS module.So I took it off and dried , cleaned and problem dissappeard.After couple of day it started differently.When I start my car first time of the day ABS and ASC lights remains on but after driving for a while and switching the engine off , locking and unlocking teh car in 15 secs.After restart both lights dissappears and systems normal.I've checked almost every thread and couldn't a find a fix.
    After I took the car to the electronic repair shop they open the module completely and replaced something inside and left in some gelly thing for 2 hours. After all its ok for 2 weeks.They say water damaged the lines.Like all aged modules it shrinks when cold and expands when warm and circuit closes.
    I don't know if it helps a little bit.Main idea with the modules is HEAT if it is a module.By the way repair cost me about 350€.

• Zitat von dennis320;83334

After I took the car to the electronic repair shop they open the module completely and replaced something inside and left in some gelly thing for 2 hours. After all its ok for 2 weeks.......

Welcome Dennis!

Perhaps the component that was replaced is an electrolytic capacitor. These age and can cause problems. The jelly was probably silica gel to absorb any moisture.

• First of all, I'm not an expert like most of you as I could easily get from your threads and answers. Sometimes when I read the lines I think you're from different world, full of knowledge and experience. I have my 840ci for little more than a year.All I was trying to do was to keep it one piece most of the time. Now it's in a very good condition if I compare with the time when I first sat on the seat. It's now up to me to make it better as I keep reading these posts.Nice community thank you.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!