1997 Orient Blue 840ci sport - Ireland

• Hi guys,

It's a tough decision I must admit but having lived the dream (one which I wanted to live for quite some years!), I've decided for a number of reasons, that it's time to let someone else live the dream (nice corny start to my pitch!). (*the prohibitive tax rates here in Ireland don't help matters and in the current climate, I can't bring myself to fork out another E1600 (£1300 sterling!) this coming June for my yearly motor tax alone!)

I'm putting my beautiful 840ci sport up for sale. I've been battling the "selling demons" for a good few months now but I think it's time for it to go. One of the factors at this point is a first new baby in the family and having persuaded my wife to purchase a coupe instead of a 4 door just over a year ago or so, two coupes and one baby is not the best combo!

Details as follows:
    840ci sport 1997 - first registered (in the UK) in March 1997
    114,600 miles on the clock
    * I imported this car from the UK with approx 104k miles on it *
    Full Service History - BMW Garages in Kent, England for the most part
    Independent dealers the last few years.
    Orient Blue is the colour
    Taxed until beginning of June 2011 (I guess, not really relevant for UK market!)
    NCT'd until end of March 2012 (our equivalent of the MOT, of sorts)
    Heated Seats, ASC button, Komfort & Sports button, Electric steering wheel adjustment, memory seats
    Car has EDC suspension, which is working perfectly, as per my BMW mechanic (a german who stems from BMW Munich and knows his stuff!)

Car, in my opinion, is a fine example
    Quite some work was carried out about a year ago or so which included:
    2 x new OEM back exhausts, with new chrome tips on same
    New tyres all around - which are still as new due to such low mileage driven since
    Rocker cover gaskets replaced
    New Radiator
    New auxillary water pump
    New enginge bay pipes in some places

I got wishbones and bushes replaced in their entirety on the front - back suspension was in perfect order I was told

Car has just returned from the garage after I noted a coolant leak.
    The water pump (at front of engine) was replaced. A new viscous fan and clutch were installed, some spark plugs replaced due to a mis-fire, which has been sorted). All-in-all, over the last 12-18 months, I've probably spent the guts of about 5-6k (about 5.5k sterling) on it (and since ownership which is coming up on 3 years) to get it back to as close to perfect as possible.

The car wants for nothing at this stage and as above, some recent jobs carried out. Chris is fixing what needs to be fixed at present and is of the opinion that it is indeed a fine example of an 840 (feel free to correct me here Chris if you read this). Given the great condition it is in, the love that it's been given (compared to reports I've heard back about the condition of some 840's currently for sale through carzone etc), the money spent and likelihood that nothing will need doing on this car for some years, I'm hoping to get a decent price for it. However, am of course open to reasonable offers.

I'd like to price it therefore at £7,500 ONO.

Lastly, there is 1 green lights left before oil change - however, prob only 4 k done since oil and spark plugs changed.

Known issues: As above, had the car in recently for a few things to be sorted.
    1. Cruise Control was on of them. A new cruise control cable was installed as this was deemed to have been the issue however it's not. The "motor" that it is inserted to (when looking into the engine bay, plan view style, there's a little motor above the right hand side pop up light where the cable goes into) - I have been told that this motor, while it's working, doesn't "clamp" the cable into place when it's supposed to and therefore cruise control doesn't work. I may or may not get this sorted before sale but if not, I'm told approx £100 should fix and install same.
    2. Little piece of rust around one edge of sun-roof - usual fault with the 8 it appears.
    3. Pixels fading in parts on the OBC - was due to sent it to 8enzo (think that's his name) but have not gotten around to it.

The car, as per title, is in Ireland. I brought it over from Kent, UK nearly 3 years ago. From a travel point of view, should anyone be interested, is probably as convenient as you could get insofar as I live beside the airport and am about a 20 minutes drive away from the Ferry, for shipping home.

Anyway, here's a link to pics - I'm gona to give it a good clean up and will post more pics. Thanks for reading however guys and anyone interested on the site, or knows of anyone interested, I'd be grateful for any contact.

Thanks a mill!

http://picasaweb.google.com/shabbyalonso/My840ciSport#

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!