Torque Settings Again - Control Arm

• I have ordered a right hand side Control arm that has play in it and will be fitting it this weekend. Again, some critical torque settings required here for the mounbting ends. Someone here must have the correct values? Also there is cement that is required to be fitted to the mounting plate at the wheel end. I am assuming that a Locktite product would be used for this.

Any help would be grateful on torque settings and bolt/screw cement...

Thanks

Bob
    850CI

• The three M12 bolts that secure the the mentioned plate (tie-rod arm) to the bottom of the damper/spring tower are secured with loctite threadlock.
    You will need new locknuts for the tie arms.

The tightening torques are here:
    [INDENT]M14 x 1.5 (ball-joint lock-nuts): 94 Nm (from Bentley manual, but verify from TIS, if you can)

M12 x 1.5 (tie-rod arm bolts): 123 Nm (based on 10.9 bolt*)
    M12 x 1.5 (tie-rod arm bolts): 87 Nm (based on 8.8 bolt*)
    [/INDENT][INDENT]* Check marking on bolt head
    [/INDENT]see also:

http://www.e32-schrauber.de/bm…/BMWe34.net/upper_arm.htm

• I spent an hour trying to release the lower steering arm joint with a generic rod end splitter. No chance! Does anyone recommend a splitter I could buy please? I did consider some heat but did not want to destroy the rubber housing. I'm wondering if to replace the steering track end as well for a proper job? Anyway, firts things first, a suitable high tension end splitter please before i get to the control arm replacement.

Thanks

Bob
    850CI

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!